Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Native discount for used Helix

paoloquaglino

Even if he did use it already, you could try contacting Line 6 customer support--they might be willing to give you the discount.  Also, see if you can get a copy of the original receipt from the current owner.  Depending on how old it is, you may be able to transfer the factory warranty and/or purchase an extended warranty:

12 minutes ago, kduck said:

Even if he did use it already, you could try contacting Line 6 customer support--they might be willing to give you the discount.  Also, see if you can get a copy of the original receipt from the current owner.  Depending on how old it is, you may be able to transfer the factory warranty and/or purchase an extended warranty:

The warranty is transferable, but Line 6 is very clear about the discount. If the discount tied to that serial number has been used, the second owner isn’t eligible for it. I wouldn’t recommend depending on them to be generous, as I’ve seen this issue come up several times in the Helix Facebook group, and Line 6 seems to hold to that rule. I’ve seen a number of people disappointed after the fact because they bought a used unit thinking they could get a discount.

Notwithstanding the Helix Owner discount, software licenses are typically transferrable.

You would need to check Two (2) things. First, that there is nothing in Line 6's Helix Native Software End User License Agreement prohibiting transferability. Second, that if the original owner did use the Helix Native discount that the original owner no longer cares to use Helix Native and freely grants you the full transfer of the Helix Native license he originally purchased.

On 3/1/2021 at 9:30 PM, MusicLaw said:

Notwithstanding the Helix Owner discount, software licenses are typically transferrable.

Yeah, that should be the ticket. But I remember looking briefly for a license transfer option regarding HX Native and couldn't find anything - but I may as well just have missed it.