Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

High/Low cut PC112+ HelixLT

The_HairyDangler

Hey Hairy,

I'm not an expert, but I'm pretty sure if your using a digital connection like L6 link between Helix and PowerCab (PC)+,  the global EQ on the Helix doesn't affect digital outputs. Therefore you would use the H/L cuts on the PC itself.

Most of the gurus I've seen talking about the cuts are running low cuts 60-50hz and highs 10-12.

Cheers,

On 3/2/2021 at 2:13 PM, The_HairyDangler said:

Hi,

just wondering, when building a preset with both powercab and helix, what is the better approach with using high and low cut.  Use the high/low eq in the helix or use the same parameters in the powercab? I’m assuming using both would be redundant?

The Helix global EQ doesn't work across the L6 Link connection as stated above but the other Helix EQ blocks within a preset do as well as the Powercab specific high/low cuts that you can select from the Helix or HX Edit under the Powercab tab. Ultimately use your ears and decide where you prefer the cuts do be done. The various EQ blocks available within the Helix as well as the cuts available on the Powercab can have different curves so you may find you prefer one method over another.