Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix is freezing on start up.

BrokenGravity

Hi guys,

Often, I find my Helix freezing on start up.  I'd say it happens about 1/3 times I turn it on.   

Here is a picture of what it looks like when it's frozen:

OZFipKj.jpg

It's unresponsive in this state and I have to turn it off.  I'm running 3.01.0.  Is this happening to anyone else?

32 minutes ago, brue58ski said:

So have you tried a factory reset?

51 minutes ago, cruisinon2 said:

Being a regular occurrence, I'd open service ticket and see what they tell you. Whatever the cause, it ain't normal...

I'm just putting both of these responses I agree with in the order I would do them. 

I'll add a couple other considerations.... (just for basic troubleshooting)

1. Have you ruled out power as a problem? eg: Tried different outlets, different power cables, etc... etc...
  2. If you have USB connected on start up... disconnect it and see what happens. 
  3. Same with XLR's... especially if they have phantom the lines. 

8 hours ago, codamedia said:

I'm just putting both of these responses I agree with in the order I would do them. 

I'll add a couple other considerations.... (just for basic troubleshooting)

1. Have you ruled out power as a problem? eg: Tried different outlets, different power cables, etc... etc...
  2. If you have USB connected on start up... disconnect it and see what happens. 
  3. Same with XLR's... especially if they have phantom the lines. 

Thanks for the response guys.

So have you tried a factory reset?  - No I haven't.  I'll give it a shot

1. Have you ruled out power as a problem? eg: Tried different outlets, different power cables, etc... etc...     - Yea I've tried different out lets, same problem.
  2. If you have USB connected on start up... disconnect it and see what happens.  -You want me to unplug them while it's frozen or before turning it on?
  3. Same with XLR's... especially if they have phantom the lines.  -Same as above

I'll also open a ticket, cheers

10 hours ago, BrokenGravity said:
  • If you have USB connected on start up... disconnect it and see what happens.  -You want me to unplug them while it's frozen or before turning it on?
  • Same with XLR's... especially if they have phantom the lines.  -Same as above

Before turning it on!

Troubleshooting 101 is to strip it to the basics for tests. Unplug anything that is connected to another power supply elsewhere!

If the problem doesn't occur after several start ups.... plug in the XLR's and see what happens. Then move on to the USB.....

Great troubleshooting steps already posted. I would get that factory reset codamedia recommend taken care of first as well as his other suggestions. Be prepared to rerun the firmware update as well. Make a backup before proceeding. Easy to do.

https://helixhelp.com/manuals/universal/reset-options

This could also be a corrupt preset(s) such that it is only happening when you shut the Helix down after having selected that preset. Have you noticed this happening on a specific preset(s)?  If none of that works open a ticket as previously suggested.