Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Pod Go + Mesa Amp & Real Cab Tips

JYD87

We invested in a Pod Go.  We plan to use it a few different ways: 

1. Mesa Mini Recto Head + 1x12

2. Duncan Power Stage + 1x12

3. FOH PA + FRFR

4. FOH PA + Duncan Power Stage + Real cab

We are first going to use the Pod Go through the Mesa Mini Recto.  We want to be able to use the amps and FX in the Pod Go, but be able to get an 'amp in room' feel by playing the PG amp models through a real amp.  

What is the best way to do this?  Guitar > Pod Go > Amp out > Input of the Mesa?  

Also, do you guys still use cabs/irs when going through a real amp?  

Thanks for helping!

• Upvote 1

What is the best way to do this?  Guitar > Pod Go > Amp out > Input of the Mesa?  - Experiment - through the front end the preamp stage will colour tone, so you have to keep the amp clean.  If you want to use the Mesa's gain stage, 4 cable method (see Pod Go manual & youtube vids). Also, try Pod Go into FX return and use the Mesa as a power-amp only.  

Also, do you guys still use cabs/irs when going through a real amp?  Yes, although past tense as I no longer put my MFX through an amp. I use my MFX units straight through the FOH PA, no amp.  I also have a Headrush FRFR108 to use as a monitor or for small club gigs - unbelievable volume & tone quality from such a small unit. 

10 minutes ago, voxman55 said:

What is the best way to do this?  Guitar > Pod Go > Amp out > Input of the Mesa?  - Experiment - through the front end the preamp stage will colour tone, so you have to keep the amp clean.  If you want to use the Mesa's gain stage, 4 cable method (see Pod Go manual & youtube vids). Also, try Pod Go into FX return and use the Mesa as a power-amp only.  

Also, do you guys still use cabs/irs when going through a real amp?  Yes, although past tense as I no longer put my MFX through an amp. I use my MFX units straight through the FOH PA, no amp.  I also have a Headrush FRFR108 to use as a monitor or for small club gigs - unbelievable volume & tone quality from such a small unit. 

Very helpful.  Thank you!