Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

More switch in HX Effects

Captain-D

Hi everyone!! 

I have in my hands an HX Effects, and I would like to add a midi pedalboard like Morningstar MC3
but I would like to know if I can add more Footswitch

The HX effects has up to 6 simultaneous effects and I would like to add some more as can be done in the HX Stomp

Yes, you’re right. 9 blocks maximum in HX FX. Sorry for the misinformation. I was focused on the fact that using an external controller won’t add blocks and missed the error in the max number of blocks.

Now that I re-read the original post I wonder if I may have misunderstood completely. To the OP: Are you talking about increasing the number of FX blocks or the number of effective footswitches that can be used to turn blocks on/off? If the latter, it may be possible but I don’t have the equipment to test it. On page 50 of the manual there is a brief section on Block Bypass via MIDI. Read it and experiment.

Hey Captain-D! 

You can for sure do that! I have both and HX-Effects and an HX-Stomp. I was using a morningstar MC-6 and was using it for controlling the looper and snapshots with mine, but it could just as easily turn on and off blocks.  

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Buggaluggz said:

I still don’t get how to put my ehx pedal through the helix ?

Hey up Buggaluggz,

This should clarify how to patch in your EHX pedal when using a 4 cable set up. It covers the whole thing, but adding an external pedal starts @ around 3.33mins.

Hope this helps/makes sense.

• Upvote 1