TannerWall

HX Stomp Routing: Monitors, FRFR, and Poweramp Simultaneously

As stated in the title I'd like to have my monitors, Headrush FRFR, and Poweramp + cab hooked up simultaneously so I can jump between sources as I feel without having to move cables around.

I'm planning to accomplish this by having the monitors in the main outs, the poweramp to the right send (effects loop is left), and then feed the FRFR with the headphone out.

I know I could use the headphone out as a send, but that means sacrificing the effects loop which I don't want to do

Is there any issue running a mono signal out via a TRS to XLR to feed the FRFR?

Is there a better way to route things to do what I want?

Not exactly an answer to your precise question, but if I were playing around with this, I'd be doing WDW with only the dry guitar signal (and distortion effects) coming out of the poweramp and the FRFR, and your wet/timebased effects coming only out of your monitors in stereo.  I did this with my Powercab+/and poweramp, and 2 Stagesource FRFR speakers.  Then just for fun, I also added my Yamaha monitors to the FRFR stereo effects by using an old Behringer studio mixer.  And THEN since I was using a Line 6 G10 Relay instead of guitar cable, I was able to play through my Yamaha THR30 independantly at the same time.  LOL!  It was crazy I tell ya!  I'm using the Helix Floor which probably allowed me more options than some of the smaller units - I don't know.  But the hardest problem I ran into was getting "real" stereo to the wet speakers.  This is more trouble for me than it should be in a basic/simple stereo setup as well for some reason.

2 hours ago, JLondon said:

Not exactly an answer to your precise question, but if I were playing around with this, I'd be doing WDW with only the dry guitar signal (and distortion effects) coming out of the poweramp and the FRFR, and your wet/timebased effects coming only out of your monitors in stereo.  I did this with my Powercab+/and poweramp, and 2 Stagesource FRFR speakers.  Then just for fun, I also added my Yamaha monitors to the FRFR stereo effects by using an old Behringer studio mixer.  And THEN since I was using a Line 6 G10 Relay instead of guitar cable, I was able to play through my Yamaha THR30 independantly at the same time.  LOL!  It was crazy I tell ya!  I'm using the Helix Floor which probably allowed me more options than some of the smaller units - I don't know.  But the hardest problem I ran into was getting "real" stereo to the wet speakers.  This is more trouble for me than it should be in a basic/simple stereo setup as well for some reason.

An interesting idea, but I don't really do any wet effects anyways. Pretty much all boosted high gain all the time. May mess around with dual amp setups, but that's about it.