Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Drop Tuner

HeathanzSinz

Hey there,

I play a lot of drop tunings (drop A, B and C) due to early arthritis and these tunings help me still play. Does the Line 6 POD HD500X have the ability to do drop tunings like a Digitech Drop Tuning Pitch Shifter?

Any help would be appreciated

Although I have a Variax guitar that can be tuned virtually any way you want and does the job very well, on occasion I have used instead the POD's pitch shifter to play for example some Jimi Hendrix and Stevie Ray Vaughan songs with the effect set down by half a tone or two, and the result was good, and how well it worked for me it worked well for others too.

Actually the POD pitch shifter was designed to play monophonically one note at a time, but I have not experienced any problems playing multiple notes at a time .

As long as the amplified sound is loud enough to completely cover the acoustic resonance of the guitar (still in standard tuning), there are no audible problems.

That said others have complained that the above solution didn't work well in their case.

I think it matters also where the effect is placed in the chain, personally I put it in the very first place so that it processes the still pure unprocessed guitar signal.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

All about POD HD500/X

help and useful tips