Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HX Effects - Low Level Raw Amp Bleed when using Loadbox/IR

SimonGugala

I have an HX Effects that I want to use a guitar amp head with (making it a complete direct solution). Eventually I want to have effects before the amp, Send-2 to amp, amp to loadbox, back to return-2, IR Block and wet effects, and finally to a stereo di.  This way I can use my guitar heads live and have a stereo direct solution without having to buy anything extra.

To make sure this setup can work I plugged into the head, went to the RockCrusher load box, out the line out (560ohm unbalanced ts), to return 2, IR block, wet effects and stereo out.  Everything sounds great but I noticed a low level direct-amp-without-ir sound present.  When I bypassed the return-2 block that the amp loadbox was connected to (effectively muting the amp) the low level raw amp head sound remained.  To add some craziness to it, when I turn down the send from the loadbox to nothing, it does nothing to the volume of the low level sound.

I would love to figure out why this is happening before I connect everything into a send/return loop to use live.

This is also happening to someone with a HX Stomp but was told to start a new thread.  IR block is 100% but as I mentioned, the return from the amp happens before that, and even when muted, the sound remains.

Thanks,