Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

M20d Rack Case Experiences?

I used to own something similar (older SKB model) to house a different mixer, and liked it in general but did not like the soft cover that it came with. This looks like it has a hard cover for better protection. That's a plus over the one I had. It was also a bit odd to carry around but this model seems to have real handles - mine did not. So they've "fixed" some of the things I did not like so much with mine.

I'm now using a much larger rack on wheels as I'm also housing a power amp along with a 2 space drawer, a power distributor and a shelf for some wireless gear. 

Can't help you with that particular case.

I have the Line6 attaché bag/case for the M20d and am very happy with it. As we use the M20 for rehearsing where we don't need any of the rack mounted gear, it didn't make sense to rack mount the M20. I've a separate 3U shallow Gator for the rackmounted aspects of my power rig (the only stuff that is rackmounted). I have a very solid K&M mixer stand for the M20 to sit on when we're gigging.

FYI I know you ordered the 6U unit but I thought there might be community interest in other options also. I went away from conventional rack storage and use a pelican case to transport my m20d and the accompanying snake. considering the unique shape of the unit I like the idea that the snake is on the bottom of the case with a couple of rectangular rings cut to fit the mixer on top. It works a treat for transport and I am more confident with this arrangement than any previous mixer setup.

to setup I use an old CRT tv stand on wheels that I got from my grandfather (I knew his stuff would come in handy one day rest his soul) as it is almost fits the footprint of the mixer exactly. the stand is height adjustable lightweight and on castors with a p-clip for the snake weight strain relief.

So happy with how quick this sets up and how lightweight and small the whole thing packs down to, can't imagine going back...

• 3 weeks later...

So the SKB works great. There's room on the top rack that we were able to mount the Shure PSM in ear monitors as well as keep them cabled up with the lid still closing.

It's a bit awkward/unbalanced for one person to carry any distance without putting on a dolly but overall, I'm happy. We put the wireless mic receiver in the front rack as well as a drawer unit to hold the PSM backpacks and lots of batteries...

• Upvote 1

• 3 months later...