Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Pod Go 1.12 No Sound Issue

usedbyanr

My Pod Go came from the factory with firmware 1.12. Pod Go Edit says it's up to date. I have a guitar, studio monitors, headphones and the USB cable plugged in. Everything works fine. If I walk away from it and leave it on for an extended amount of time it will have no sound output when I come back to it. The interface works fine, just no sound. If I change the preset with the upper knob, the sound comes back. I opened a ticket and got the expected "back it up, do a factory reset". I did that, no change. I thought maybe it was the laptop going to sleep and sending something down the USB cable. I decided to turn the unit off, unplugged the USB cable from the unit and turned it back on. It works fine. I left it on overnight. When I try to use it in the morning I get no sound. The interface is responsive. I unplugged the guitar and plugged it back in, no change. I unplugged the headphones, plugged them back in, no change. You can change parameters on the unit with no change. Turning the upper knob to change the preset brings the sound back. Has anyone else had this on firmware 1.12?

Thanks for the reply. I thought that might be the issue but like I said, I shut it off, unplugged it completely from the computer, turned it back on and left it. Same result. It's not a big concern at the moment because it's just a matter of turning the preset dial to get the sound back. I haven't used it for more than an hour at a time so I don't know if it would happen right in the middle of playing. I thought all of the "no sound" issues were taken care of in the last firmware update. I was hoping someone would reply saying they have noticed the same thing.

I have a similar issue. I only have it plugged into a powered speaker. Sometimes when I turn the unit on, there is no sound.

Turning dials or changing patches doesn't help. I actually have to shut it off and turn it back on and then I have sound.

It's been doing this for many months and never really got concerned about it until this past weekend. It took 3 shut offs

and start ups to get sound. Now I'm concerned whatever is going on may get worse and eventually not have any sound.

Anyone else have this issue?

Dan

It's actually crazier than I thought. It's not an easy thing to debug because you have to wait so long for it to happen. I decided to set it to the first factory preset, shut  it off, wait 30 seconds, turn it back on, strum a few chords and let it sit. I tried it four hours later and it was fine. I left it overnight, it was fine. I went back to my user preset that I was using regularly and followed the same procedure. It loses the sound somewhere around the four hour mark. I then decided to copy the user preset over to one of the empty factory banks and repeat. Again, no sound with that preset after leaving it overnight. For all of these tests I only have studio monitors and a guitar plugged in. I've only had it for a little over a month so the dealer has agreed to ship out a replacement but I have no idea if it's a bug or a hardware issue and no access to another Pod Go. I would feel bad if the dealer goes through the effort for nothing and at the same time if it is a hardware issue then my window to have it replaced may pass. I have attached my preset if anyone cares to try this. It's just a parred down version of a free Helix preset available from custom tone. It was crafted by looking at the Helix preset in an online viewer. I hope this doesn't violate any rules here. 

Rival Sons.pgp