Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix File Extensions ???

Rudie-k

I was cleaning up some files (Old setlists - bundles - presets) and I came across a file extension I didn't recognize.

I know that -

Presets = .hlx

Set Lists = .hls

Bundles = .hlb 

the one in question is ".hxb"

is this a Backup file for when we updated Firmware ??? 

Hi

It's the backup from Helix that is generated when running backup from HX Edit. In win10 I think the default map is a submap under Documents/Line6. I have changed that but if you click backup it will tell you where its trying to stor it.

Make a search on internet to see if any other application use the same extension.

//Per

20 hours ago, Rudie-k said:

Yup! Although I would have thought that the file name would be a big clue.

Usually the file will have a name, such as, Helix Floor Backup 2020-Apr-22.hxb

Hope this helps/makes sense.

21 hours ago, Rudie-k said:

I was cleaning up some files (Old setlists - bundles - presets) and I came across a file extension I didn't recognize.

I know that -

Presets = .hlx

Set Lists = .hls

Bundles = .hlb 

Yes. .hxb are the backup files created by the "Create Backup" command from HX Edit's 'File' menu or as you mention when you do a firmware update.

21 hours ago, datacommando said:

Yup! Although I would have thought that the file name would be a big clue.

Usually the file will have a name, such as, Helix Floor Backup 2020-Apr-22.hxb

Yea......but i was a knucklenob and renamed it .....i did run another Backup and got the "Helix Floor Backup 2020-Apr-22.hxb"    extension.........thanks for the help

• Thanks 1

• 2 years later...
On 9/6/2023 at 9:55 AM, tremolidi said:

hello!

while updating my stomp to 3.6 I created backup -as leaded by hx edit's directions- and came up with .hxb files... 

now, I can't load them back ( my presets) ... what am I missing? 

Is there a way to convert .hxb to .hlx ???

thanks!

Hi,

You do not need to convert any files. What you are describing is a HX Edit backup file extension - .hxb.

The backup file is the one you would have been prompted to create before you updated the firmware, or maybe you created the back up yourself. Anyhow, launch HX Edit and use the File Menu - “Restore from Backup”. This will open a window that allows to to select various things from the back file.

While in HX Edit, click on the “Question Mark” icon in the lower left of the GUI window, and select HX Edit Pilot’s Guide, to download a pdf reference manual which covers all the operations of HX Edit.

On 9/6/2023 at 1:42 PM, datacommando said:

Hi,

You do not need to convert any files. What you are describing is a HX Edit backup file extension - .hxb.

The backup file is the one you would have been prompted to create before you updated the firmware, or maybe you created the back up yourself. Anyhow, launch HX Edit and use the File Menu - “Restore from Backup”. This will open a window that allows to to select various things from the back file.

While in HX Edit, click on the “Question Mark” icon in the lower left of the GUI window, and select HX Edit Pilot’s Guide, to download a pdf reference manual which covers all the operations of HX Edit.

thanks a lot, I restored my presets completely! Funny thing: I had done this in the past, through previous update, but I totally forgot it! Thanks again!

• Like 1

On 9/6/2023 at 2:37 PM, brue58ski said:

Could you be trying to load the backup wrong? That's the only thing I can think of. There's a Restore From Backup selection that's in HX Edit. See page 26 in the HX Edit manual. This may seem a little obvious but I can't think of what else it would be.

Yes, I was confused , trying to select and drop the files inside . Luckilly, datacommando reminded me how to do this ( and you as well!) ... so... thanks a lot!!