Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Can't manage to record DI from my LT

Jack_Vinton

Hi guys, I wanna start by saying I've followed the official line 6 guide to get this to work, but I can't manage it (Guitar is set to Re-amp Src USB 7). In cakewalk I've tried selecting "Left Digital Audio Interface (Line 6 Helix LT) 7/8" as well as putting the guitar onto 8 and trying "Right Digital ... 7/8" and also using "Stereo ... 7/8" none of them are working! I've done a global settings reset on my LT and still have the same problem, it makes me think I'm doing something wrong with cakewalk, has anyone else had this problem, or knows how to fix it?

Any tips/advice is much appreciated, I'll try it all to make it work.

Cheers,

Jack

17 hours ago, rd2rk said:

Have you got it working yet? If not I'll run you thru the process.

Hi rd2rk, I havent managed to get it working. I've done a fresh reinstall of cakewalk, as well as resetting my helix's global settings and tried again but that isnt working, I'm more than happy to follow any steps you give me, thanks a lot 

Step 1:

In  Cakewalk:

Edit>Preferences>Audio Device

Make sure all Inputs and Outputs are checked

Create an Audio Track named "HELIX". Input = Stereo Input 1; Output = Master

Can you record a track?

1 hour ago, rd2rk said:

Step 1:

In  Cakewalk:

Edit>Preferences>Audio Device

Make sure all Inputs and Outputs are checked

Create an Audio Track named "HELIX". Input = Stereo Input 1; Output = Master

Can you record a track?

Yes, I should've mentioned I can manage to get signal and record when something is coming through my patch, its just the DI that I can't work out for some reason

Step 2:

Create a second Audio Track named "DI". Input = Stereo Input 7; Output = Stereo Output 7
Disable INPUT ECHO on all tracks.

In Helix:
In Global Settings>Ins/Outs make sure that "USB In 1/2 Destination" is set to MULTI or the outputs where your monitors are connected.
Your preset's Output Block should be set to MULTI.

In Cakewalk:
RECORD ARM "Helix" and "DI".
Record your part.

Did the "DI" track record?

1 hour ago, rd2rk said:

Step 2:

Create a second Audio Track named "DI". Input = Stereo Input 7; Output = Stereo Output 7
Disable INPUT ECHO on all tracks.

In Helix:
In Global Settings>Ins/Outs make sure that "USB In 1/2 Destination" is set to MULTI or the outputs where your monitors are connected.
Your preset's Output Block should be set to MULTI.

In Cakewalk:
RECORD ARM "Helix" and "DI".
Record your part.

Did the "DI" track record?

I've managed to fix it now, turns out I was doing everything right but cakewalk decided to unselect the ASIO drivers after I selected them, and went back to standard windows drivers lol. Thanks a lot for the help though, it was very kind of you.

1 minute ago, Jack_Vinton said:

I've managed to fix it now, turns out I was doing everything right but cakewalk decided to unselect the ASIO drivers after I selected them, and went back to standard windows drivers lol. Thanks a lot for the help though, it was very kind of you.

Glad you got it sorted.

FWIW - the whole re-amping thing is SO much easier with Native - just put Native on the "Re-Amped" track and route the signal from the "DI" track to Native. Done.

Of course, if you bought the Helix used from someone who already exercised the Native discount option, it's kind of pricey. If not, $99 is almost a no-brainer.

Anyhow, have fun!