Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

On any Helix hardware, how do you guys edit your recorded guitar parts?

willyjacksonjs22

What you're probably looking to do is called "reamp"

You essentially run your guitar clean into the DAW, then run the track in and out through the hardware you want to reamp. You have to let the track play through the effects pedal in real time and usually you do this to make new track with the effects baked in.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, rd2rk said:

What, exactly, are you trying to do? In what DAW?

On reaper when I record a guitar riff with Amplitube or Native I can edit the amp settings while listening to it so I can adjust somethings I don’t like in real time but on the hx stomp I can’t do that. Well I’m able to do it if monitoring on is selected but the tone is thin. 

As @tjbassoon said, you need to record a DI track along with your processed track, then play it back through the HXS and adjust to your heart's content!

When you get the sound you want, record it to a new track. You'll then have the original processed track and the edited track to compare.

It's called "re-amping".

See page 56 of the 3.0 manual for the How-To.

Or, if you bought your HXS new (or the previous owner didn't exercise the option), you can get NATIVE for $99 and do it ITB. 

• Upvote 3

8 hours ago, willyjacksonjs22 said:

On reaper when I record a guitar riff with Amplitube or Native I can edit the amp settings while listening to it so I can adjust somethings I don’t like in real time but on the hx stomp I can’t do that. Well I’m able to do it if monitoring on is selected but the tone is thin. 

As with the previous replies above, but this is additional insight - Hope it helps!

• Upvote 1