Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Pod hd pro x routing mystery

jakemarionmusic

I would like to send amp a to a power amp and cabinet but send a cab emulated over XLR.

I would like to route amp B the same through the right outputs.

Is this possible?

Amp A ---preamp only---1/4 L

-mic cab sim---xlr L

Gtr

Amp B ---preamp only---1/4 R

-mic cab sim---xlr  R

12 minutes ago, pianoguyy said:

you can split left and right 

you can't split 1/4 and xlr 

your left and right can be different

your left will be the same on 1/4 and xlr 

your right will be the same on 1/4 and xlr 

Can you send a mono single amp chain into an amp and to the board via XLR simultaneously without a cab emulation into the amp?

with the memory limitations of a decade old product, and the programming limits of 8 fx and 2 amps.... 

i think it was best to assume that those going direct would go direct and those using an amp would use an amp. you don't need to allow both. 

14 minutes ago, pianoguyy said:

with the memory limitations of a decade old product, and the programming limits of 8 fx and 2 amps.... 

Except you can't even do it with a single mono amp block. I don't see where the memory limitation is. Also the rp1000 the boss GT Pro and the behringer vamp all had the ability to go direct and monitor your guitar and the GT Pro even did it stereo which are from three different companies and all three of those products were cheaper and came out before the pod Pro X.

16 minutes ago, pianoguyy said:

i think it was best to assume that those going direct would go direct and those using an amp would use an amp. you don't need to allow both. 

you don't think it would be useful to be recording straight to the board on a session with whatever emulated rig you have but monitor through a real guitar amp? That's extremely useful on stage. They're competitors at the time thought it was a good idea and they seem to think it was a good idea to include on the helix which lets you tap out.