Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix Floor cant update to 3.0? Stuck at 2.92 and says no update available.

arte7590

As the title says...I installed HXEdit 3.0 on my Mac. Clicked check for update and it updated me to 2.92. When it finished, it was stuck at rebuilding preset 644. I pressed the footswitches 6&7 and it worked (although deleted all my presets, no problem thats why i backed up). Anyway, now i wanted to update to 3.0 but when I click check for updates it says "no new updates available". I bought my Helix in 2016 so I am thinking maybe my Helix is too old?? Or is there other reason for no update?? Thank you in advance for all suggestions.

1 hour ago, arte7590 said:

As the title says...I installed HXEdit 3.0 on my Mac. Clicked check for update and it updated me to 2.92. When it finished, it was stuck at rebuilding preset 644. I pressed the footswitches 6&7 and it worked (although deleted all my presets, no problem thats why i backed up). Anyway, now i wanted to update to 3.0 but when I click check for updates it says "no new updates available". I bought my Helix in 2016 so I am thinking maybe my Helix is too old?? Or is there other reason for no update?? Thank you in advance for all suggestions.

27 minutes ago, silverhead said:

Try installing and running HX Edit v3.01, which is the latest version.

This ^^^^!  Also make sure you leave all the checkboxes checked when you install HX Edit 3.01 to ensure you get the drivers necessary to recognize your hardware. I got one of the earliest Helices also, that will not be an issue with the upgrade.

Hey guys unfortunately the same problem still stays even on 3.01 :(  no updates available. I tried updating through line6 updater but still says no updates available. 

I was updating from 2.70 and it got me to 2.92 never mentioning it 3.0 :(

is there a way to download the patch and update manually or any other work around?

@arte7590 There is nothing I have know of that would indicate that your unit is too old.

My guess is that your scenario is a software conflict. My suggestion is that you entirely uninstall all Helix related software from your Mac, and perform a Hardware Factory Reset on your Helix. Then begin from scratch. 

If you have not already tried doing so, perform a Factory Reset on your Helix Unit. Do this directly on the unit -- without it connected to your computer. The Factory Reset power up button sequence steps may be found on HelixHelp.com.

Presuming you are able to accomplish the Factory Reset of your unit, then, uninstall all of the Helix Software from your computer.

Once you are sure that all the Helix related software has been removed from your computer. Redownload clean copies of the software, beginning with the currently available latest version of HX Edit 3.01. Follow the installation instructions. This will install the latest versions of all the necessary and appropriate software and drivers to your computer. 

Should the above not succeed, file a Support Ticket with Line 6 for their assistance to get you back up and running.

Do post back with your results to help others whom may be following this thread. 

6 hours ago, arte7590 said:

is there a way to download the patch and update manually or any other work around?

Hi,

I said that I was going to stop doing this, but here we go again!

First go to the "DOWNLOADS" menu at the top of this page and from  "-ALL HARDWARE-" select Helix, then leave the "-ALL SOFTWARE-" as it is, now select your Mac OS from under the "-ALL OS-" tab, then click “GO”.  From the next page you can select HX Edit 3.01 for your Helix, then below that you will also need the Firmware 3.01 Flash Memory. Also right at the top of the page you will find Line 6 Updater version 1.20 released 3/16/21

Download all these items to your computer and note where they are. On your Mac it will be your downloads folder.

Ensure that HX Edit is closed and that you have your Helix connected to your Mac by USB cable (do not use a hub, some front USB ports on PCs act like a hub, so use one of the ports on the back) and hold down Foot Switches 6&12 while turning the power on. This will put your Helix into “Safe Boot” mode, and you may see a black, or error screen, but just keep going.

Now, disconnect from the internet, or any other applications that may be running, and launch the Updater Utility that you downloaded and then select "Offline Mode". Your Helix and current firmware version should now show up in the window, click on the dark green coloured band and you should now have the option to select a  local file - click “Choose File”, point it at the Flash Memory file you downloaded and let it get on with the update. Do not allow your computer to enter “sleep/power saving mode” during the update.

When it completes you can install the new HX Edit v.3.01software and you should be good to go. Please ensure that you are using the v3.01 Edit and not an alias back to a previously installed version.

No guarantees are given or implied, you do this at your own risk. If it doesn’t work, raise a ticket with Customer Support.

Hope this helps/makes sense.

Edited by datacommando
Added new Updater
  • Upvote 1