Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix USB does not work

girore

Hoi, my usb for helix doesn''t work. I brought it to repair, they did repair it but after 5 months it did not work again.  To repair cost me 389 Euro's. So i am not going to do that again.

Is it possible to use MIDI to Upgrade the helix to version 3 instead of version 2.9?

Thanks

Hi,

unfortunately -as far as I know- it's not possible to update via MIDI.

Just out oft curiosity - what happened to your USB Port ?

5 months is not long ago. Is there a possibility that there's a warranty on the repair ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, girore said:

Hoi, my usb for helix doesn''t work. I brought it to repair, they did repair it but after 5 months it did not work again.  To repair cost me 389 Euro's. So i am not going to do that again.

Is it possible to use MIDI to Upgrade the helix to version 3 instead of version 2.9?

Thanks

41 minutes ago, rizzy said:

Hi,

unfortunately -as far as I know- it's not possible to update via MIDI.

Just out oft curiosity - what happened to your USB Port ?

5 months is not long ago. Is there a possibility that there's a warranty on the repair ?

Agree, I would definitely try to get them to repair it again under warranty unless the jack is showing gross mistreatment like having been stepped on and broken out. Btw, 389 Euros sounds excessive to me for a USB repair. That would be currently $463 in US dollars at which point I would have to laugh in the tech's face and promptly start my own repair service.

• Like 1

I bought my Helix in 2017.

They had to repair the chip,? so it cost a lot of money. and it did work and i didn't do anything to harm the usb. So it was not a single usb repair. They also had to change the chip?

Grtz. Girore

5 hours ago, girore said:

They had to repair the chip,? so it cost a lot of money. and it did work and i didn't do anything to harm the usb. So it was not a single usb repair. They also had to change the chip?

Grtz. Girore

If the shop that fixed it originally(was it Line6?) won't fix it uder warranty I would reach out to Line6. They are pretty good about repairs(sometimes even out of warranty) and even if they won't do it for free they may be able to do it more inexpensively or recommend someone who can.  Sorry you are having to deal with this, what a PITA.

• 8 months later...
On 3/19/2021 at 5:22 PM, silverhead said:

Correct. Firmware updates require USB,  not MIDI.

For end user it is for sure that there is no other way to update the firmware.

But for the L6 staff, surely, it is possible to update via other methods, specially over MIDIxUSB cable/connectors, as it is widely known and used for so many years, specially for those (and I include myself) who have/had vintage racks (Korg A series, Axe FX up to Ultra model etc).

But I do understand that it could demand a specific knowledge to do so and for many users it wouldn't be 'recommended".  

8 minutes ago, l_sap120394 said:

But for the L6 staff, surely, it is possible to update via other methods, specially over MIDIxUSB cable/connectors... 

Not sure that's true. Do you have any specific information supporting that opinion or are you just speculating?

On 3/21/2021 at 7:26 AM, girore said:

Grtz. Girore

Who are 'they'? If not an authorized Line 6 service center I suggest you open a support ticket to deal directly with Line 6 Support.