Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HD500x USB connection issue

Nalfeyn

Hey folks. 

I recently tried to connect my pod HD500x again to my computer. I downloaded line 6 monkey and installed the drivers for the pod over monkey. I left the pod unplugged to the point the driver setup tells me to plug it in. 

So far so good. My pod was connected to the computer fine and monkey updated everything afterwards to the latest versions. 

Then I installed pod HD500x edit and out of the sudden my computer goes crazy. The computer does not recognize the pod anymore (unknown device) and keeps connection and disconnecting the device itself over the USB hub. 

I checked the cables, used different USB ports. 

Does anyone have an idea what I can try next? 

Check also the delicate USB port of the POD for damage.

Sometimes it happens that it gets damaged when you accidentally hit the plug connected to it.

Also try connecting the POD to a different computer.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

All about POD HD500/X

help and useful tips

2 hours ago, Nalfeyn said:

It is recognized totally fine to the point I install the edit software.

I was wondering if a physical accident happened right after installing the drivers..

however, to exclude problems deriving from the computer used in particular, it would not be a bad idea to try to install everything temporarily on another one.

EDIT!

Oh oh oh !! I just noticed the following:

You said:

The computer does not recognize the pod anymore (unknown device) and keeps connection and disconnecting the device itself over the USB hub

Rule n.1

You should never connect the the POD to USB hubs, the device must be connected always to one of the main USB ports. and to USB 2.0 type only.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

All about POD HD500/X

help and useful tips

Edited by hurghanico

It might be my lack of English... but I didn't connect it to a HUB. I ment usb port. 

Anyways. I got it working now, but have another issue right now. 

Whenever I open the pod hd500x edit software and he's communication with the pod I get a blue screen and windows shut down. 

3 hours ago, Nalfeyn said:

Whenever I open the pod hd500x edit software and he's communication with the pod I get a blue screen and windows shut down

Try uninstalling the driver and reinstalling it manually (i.e. not via the monkey app).

In the "download" section of this site there are at least 2 driver versions available for windows 10

All about POD HD500/X

help and useful tips

• 2 years later...