Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

New owner; Logic Pro X and update problems

StuartO

Hello everyone, pleased to meet you.

As a proud owner of a new Helix Rack I'm sure I'll be here quite a bit.

But to start with I have two problems that I'd like some help with please.

Firstly, I have HX Edit installed. Version 3.01  Mac Pro OSX Yosemite 10:10:5

My new unit arrived with Firmware Version 2.2 something, so I updated it yesterday expecting it to go to version 3 at least but its only at version 2.92 and HX Edit says there are no updates available, as does the Line 6 Updater program?

Perhaps someone can suggest what I can do please?

Secondly, I'm using Logic Pro X 10:10:2 and the input levels from the Helix are quite low when I'm plugged in to my JTV 59 via ethernet.

The levels are a tad higher when on magnetic pickups but still not what I would expect (compared to my old FocusRite unit)

I can turn the output up a tad on all presets but still not enough to have a comfortable level in Logic. i.e. however hard I play I can't get to 0db.

Any ideas on that one please?

Screen Shot 2021-03-20 at 14.35.59.png

Screen_Shot_2021-03-20_at_14_10_44.png

55 minutes ago, StuartO said:

Firstly, I have HX Edit installed. Version 3.01  Mac Pro OSX Yosemite 10:10:5

My new unit arrived with Firmware Version 2.2 something, so I updated it yesterday expecting it to go to version 3 at least but its only at version 2.92 and HX Edit says there are no updates available, as does the Line 6 Updater program?

Hi Stuart,

First things first, let's get you up and running. Right now you have managed to download and install HX Edit v3.01, but for some unknown reason it refuses to update your HX Rack to the latest firmware. Before anything else,  please ensure that you have a backup of the current state of your Helix, use HX Edit to perform the back up - you will need it later.

O.K. you have got the Updater application running, but please ensure that it is the latest version - 1.20 (released 16 Feb 21) -  if not go to the downloads page and from under - ALL SOFTWARE - select Line 6 Updater and from under -ALL OS- select Mac OS X then click GO and from the next page download it to your Mac. Next, from under - ALL SOFTWARE - select Flash Memory and once again  from under -ALL OS- select Mac OS X and then GO. on the next page select the second item down which is version 3.01.0 for the Helix Rack - click on the blue GET DOWNLOAD button and it should land in you Mac downloads folder.

Now install the current Line 6 Updater app and ensure the no other version is lurking on your Mac (there can be problems with stray alias versions). Now with your Rack connected via USB launch Line 6 Updater and then at the top of the screen where it says "Local file" select the option which says "Chose File" you can then select the Firmware file that will be in your Downloads folder. The firmware will probably be named "HELIX_Rack_v3.01.0_0x5a8c6f191_bundle.hxf" - when it sees it, click "Update" and this should now transfer across into your Rack unit. When the update is done wait until you see that you rack hardware is going through the "Rebuilding Presets" routine. Once completed you should be good to go. Quit from the updater and launch HX Edit 3.01 and then reload your backup file into the rack.

That should do it.

As for Logic, try again after the update and see if it is any better - I use Logic Pro X almost daily with my Helix floor and have no issues.

Hope this helps /makes sense

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1