Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Mosky 2 button switch not working

dmccarthy1973

Hi All,

Hope someone can help. I have recently bought a mosky 2 button switch to expand my HX Stomp but I can only get 1 of the switches on the mosky to work. I have checked in global settings and FS4 and FS5 are both set up correctly. I'm connecting the mosky to the stomp via a TRS cable. I have also tried a TRS Y Cable and have exactly the same problem.

Ok, I tried that and it does exactly as you describe. So if I have fs4 set to bank down and fs5 set to bank up when the cable is plugged in correctly fs 4 will not do anything and fs 5 will bank up. If I take the cable out and just rest it both buttons will bank up. Do you think my switch or cable is dodgy?

Ok so I think it's something to do with the cables I'm using. I have two cables, a TRS cable (at least I think that it's a TRS cable) that came with an expression pedal that I bought (line 6 pedal) and a TRS Y cable that I bought when I bought the mosky switch. I have my fs 4 and fs 5 set to change presets up and down (fs4 is down, fs5 is up). This is what happens:

When I plug the cable in that came with the expression pedal only fs 5 (right hand switch) works, the presets change up but not down

When I plug in the y cable I get preset up with one of the y cable ends and when I use the other y cable end I can change preset down but only using the one switch (right hand switch).

Has anyone got any ideas why this is happening?

29 minutes ago, dmccarthy1973 said:

Unless I pull the cable out slightly then both buttons do the same thing

That's normal since the tip of the cable now touches both button paths.
If you pull the cable on the HX Stomp a little until it rests (which is exactly the length of the tip) you can test FS5 function as well.

Get a new TRS cable? My Moskey works fine, but I have no clue what kind of TRS cable it is, just some old generic thing I pulled out of "the cable box".

You could test the Moskey and the cable using a continuity tester to eliminate that as the problem. Maybe one or the other is just faulty?