Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Fixed My Spider V Remote 2.00 Issue with Win 10

01GT

If this ends up being the formula to fix the Spider V Remote 2.00 for Win10, then Line 6 should send me a refurbished FBV3 or something.  Don't you think??

Spider V 240HC mk ii:  I had three older Win10 machines that had no problems with Spider V Remote 2.00.  THEN I got a brand new Dell Intel-i5-10th-gen Win10 machine where Remote would start to launch for a few seconds then go away, and that was it (you only see the "launch spider" graphic for a few seconds).  The only way to run Remote was use the down-rev Remote 1.03 version which loses a lot of the Remote 2.00 functionality.  However, after reading everything, I was able to fix it and get Remote 2.00 running perfectly on this machine that had this problem.  I read all this stuff about "C++ redistributable files", etc. that I did not understand, but seemed to find the right formula for it to work for me.

What I did:

1) Install both the latest Spider V "Drivers" software and Spider V "Updater" software (then using the Updater, I updated the 240HC head and G10T to latest firmwares).  Remote 2.00 still did not work, but I figured it would need to be done regardless.  From there, I still had to use the Remote 1.03 software since that would work.

2) Uninstall the existing Remote 1.03 version

3) Download and launch the MS Visual Studio 2019 executable file (https://visualstudio.microsoft.com/)

4) When performing the Visual Studio 2019 install, I additionally installed it with these three add-on items (there is a long list of selectable items that you can add on as part of the Visual Studio install)

A) SQL Server Express 2016

B) & C) there were two available "C++ redistributable file" add-on's available for selection (I included both of them ... why not?)

5) As part of the Visual Studio 2019 install, I performed the re-boot as directed.

6) Launched Visual Studio 2019 to make sure fully working, etc.

7) Re-install Remote 2.00 and re-booted

8) Launch Remote 2.00 ... and -- holy crap -- it worked!!!!

Hopefully this will work for the bunch of others also affected by this!!!!

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi 01GT,

you are the hero of the day! It worked for me as well.

It's remarkable, to run ' Spider V Remote 2.00 ' with  a size of 27.5 MB, you have to install Visual Studio 2019 with more then 7 GB additionally. ;-)

Thanks a lot and happy making music.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

Downloading the following file from Microsoft should be enough:
Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 Redistributable (x86) 12.0.40664 

https://www.microsoft.com/de-de/download/details.aspx?id=40784

This is what was needed on a freshly installed Windows 10 on my system.

Visual Studio installs this as a dependency for older applications. But there are a lot of other programs out there which rely on this and install it as a dependency during setup. Unfortunately, Spider V Remote is not one of them. :-D

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 4/25/2021 at 12:35 PM, jinxjinxsen said:

Downloading the following file from Microsoft should be enough:
Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 Redistributable (x86) 12.0.40664 

https://www.microsoft.com/de-de/download/details.aspx?id=40784

This is what was needed on a freshly installed Windows 10 on my system.

Visual Studio installs this as a dependency for older applications. But there are a lot of other programs out there which rely on this and install it as a dependency during setup. Unfortunately, Spider V Remote is not one of them. :-D

This worked for me too. God bless you, sir!

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...