Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Amplifi 150 - Bass, Mid, Treble Error

Penax

Hey Penax,

Is it only the controls on the amp that failed or have the EQ parameters in the app failed too? If it is only the physical knobs, it may just be a small fault with the board of potentiometers, or maybe the wires, otherwise it may be something software-related if the app doesn't work either.

If the app works and the amp is out of warranty, try taking off the back and having a look. There is really sticky thermal paste and a heat sync so be careful not to get it all over your skin, but the whole dismantle process is very quick and easy.

I hope it is just a loose wire or something that you can fix easily.

Riley.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

No to tell the truth i never did do an update to it. Tech support has told me it has a definite hardware issue though and it will either need to be repaired or be replaced. Up until this, the amp was working great. You can hear the power supply turn on but get nothing from anything. Thanks for the reply!!! Hope no one else has this issue... P.S. This started when i hooked up my my FBV MKII controller to the amp, turned it on, and this is what happened. Did i do something wrong? Now gonna be a little frightened to try it again with a different amp... Anyone else have this issue?

FaceTime PC

• 10 months later...
On 5/5/2021 at 2:03 AM, Jimmie231 said:

No to tell the truth i never did do an update to it. Tech support has told me it has a definite hardware issue though and it will either need to be repaired or be replaced. Up until this, the amp was working great. You can hear the power supply turn on but get nothing from anything. Thanks for the reply!!! Hope no one else has this issue... P.S. This started when i hooked up my my FBV MKII controller to the amp, turned it on, and this is what happened. Did i do something wrong? Now gonna be a little frightened to try it again with a different amp... Anyone else have this issue?

FaceTime PC

I’ve had my 150 and my MKII board for a few years now, and I’ve never had any issues other than Bluetooth connection to my iPad dropping occasionally.

I was playing yesterday morning, and then when I started it all up again last night to play some more, I could barely hear anything coming out of the amp. I thought it was my guitar or the cable or something, but even when I try to play music through the amp as just a speaker, the sound is hollow/empty and barely audible. Now I don’t know what to do.