Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Setlist corrupted ?

JMLAP74

Hi everyone, 

I'm trying without success to import my latest setlist backup but only  2 presets, overs the 50 presets I normally saved, are working correctly. 

The name of all my presets are correct but there's no block inside. 

Help please ! I don't want to loose my work...

I put my setlist file with the post

JM

HX Stomp-21032021.hls

Hi,

I was using the 3.0.0 version when it happened. I tried later at night with the 3.0.1 version but it didn’t solved my problem either.

Was my setlist working on you device?
I’m using the 2.81 version of the HX Edit program by the way.

ps: Ontario and your entire country is one of my dreaming place to go on my life

best regards

JM

1 hour ago, jeanmarielaperle said:

I was using the 3.0.0 version when it happened. I tried later at night with the 3.0.1 version but it didn’t solved my problem either.

I’m using the 2.81 version of the HX Edit program by the way.

Hi,

You must use the same version of HX Edit and the Firmware, otherwise you will have problems - as you have discovered.

With a little luck your setlist will be restorable.

Hope this helps/makes sense.

Download and install HX Edit v3.01, which will also install drivers and other associated software. Run HX Edit v3.01 and follow the prompts to install firmware v3.01 on your Helix device. Then try importing your setlist again.

Thank you for your advices but unfortunately I couldn’t get back my setlist.

However I just made a test with a new setlist and it’s now working perfectly.

I will take care in the future that both versions between hxstomp and hxedit are the same.

++

JM

22 minutes ago, jeanmarielaperle said:

I couldn’t get back my setlist.

That is the type of mistake that you will only make once.

Next time you will have to make sure that you save your presets individually and also as setlists. That way you can always rebuild things easily. Also, check in case you may have made a previous back up that could contain some of your work.

On 3/21/2021 at 2:01 PM, jeanmarielaperle said:

Hi everyone, 

I'm trying without success to import my latest setlist backup but only  2 presets, overs the 50 presets I normally saved, are working correctly. 

The name of all my presets are correct but there's no block inside. 

Help please ! I don't want to loose my work...

I put my setlist file with the post

JM

HX Stomp-21032021.hls 31.64 kB · 1 download

20 hours ago, CraigGT said:

I imported your setlist into HXEdit 3.01 no problem and the presets appear to be all there.

Quite kind of CraigGT. Was hoping someone would do that for the OP,  I don't have a Stomp. If the OP can't get things straightened out with global reset or a firmware refresh maybe someone else with a stomp could upload him back a working exported version that might be more stable than the OP's; or if feeling particularly charitable with their time, a zipped export of the presets.  My guess is that if the underlying issues are addressed though it won't be necessary.

To the OP, I definitely think it is time to look into doing a global reset and potentially refreshing the firmware update. As others here have indicated make sure you upgrade to the latest 3.0.1 version of HX Edit.  If you are able to export a healthy version of your setlist that is working on someone else's Stomp there is a good chance it is a global settings, global reset, or firmware issue on your end.

19 hours ago, JMLAP74 said:

Hi CraigGT

Do they all work well! All the block appeared normaly?

++

JM

Hi,

Just to make certain, I also did the same thing as "CraigGT", and dragged your setlist file into HX Edit 3.01.

All the user presets appear to work fine, but what confused me was the first 30 plus presets didn't contain an Amp and/or Cab?

Although, at the other end of the setlist, the last couple of dozen presets did have the Amp an Cab included, so maybe the others were test files?

No matter what - the setlist file that you uploaded here does contain some presets. Only you can know if they are correct.

• Upvote 1

Hi data commando, HonestOpinion and CraigGT,

I'm sending in the loop of my external Randall Cab the effects of the HX STOMP that why there is no Amp blocks. There is normally a Cab Blocks in parallel sending a signal to my mixing table. The presets at the end are for my music repetition with my band.

I will try tonight (this is actually 15:38 in France) to reinstall my old setlist (I made a new one meanwhile...) and I will give you more informations about this problem as soon as I can.

Thanks a lot for your advices and the time you take to solve this problem !

• Like 1

Unfortunately I tried again to update all the sofware Line6 and the HXStomp with the last version but I couldn't get back correctly my setlist when I try to drag in the HXStomp. It's just pure mystery for me at this point... The setlist and backups I made since my problem append are fortunately doing just fine !

If one of you has time to send me back the presets individually that would be great ! 

Thanks in advance

++

JM

3 hours ago, JMLAP74 said:

If one of you has time to send me back the presets individually that would be great ! 

Here you go!

This zip file (attached below) contains 2 folders -

One has the presets without amp and/or cab, but also please note, NO Send/Return blocks either? 

EDIT: there is also one file named "Fathom Pure" which is completely blank.

The other folder contains the preset files with amps and cabs, extracted from the setlist bundle which you supplied.

I still don't think that they are fully recovered, but it's a start.

HX Stomp Recovered Files.zip

• Upvote 1