Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

B Stock

titchyblackcat

1 hour ago, titchyblackcat said:

I've just got my Line 6 Helix LT in the post and noticed the seal is already broken.

Anyone else had this problem ? I'm in the UK.

Hi,

This is something you really need to discuss with the dealer, preferably before you remove it from the packaging and plug in.

Also, photographs of the broken seal, or any other tampering, may help.

There again, if you take out out of the box, plug in, and all is as it should be - does it really matter?

If it is faulty now, and at any time during the warranty period, simply have it replaced.

Hope this helps/makes sense.

• Upvote 1

If the sticker is ripped in two, then that's for sure a B-stock, and you should either ask for a discount or a replacement. (also you've the risk the serial has been already registered by previous and unknown owner, if that's the case).

If you paid for a new unit, you shouldn't really close an eye on this, imho. ;)

9 minutes ago, titchyblackcat said:

Thanks for the replies, i'm sort of dithering as to whether i should let this go or not.

What it could mean is, Line 6 have a got a dodgy dealer who i may add hasn't replied to an e-mail i sent this morning.

I'm the last one on earth to defend retailers, as there are many shady ones out there. However, some places will open gear like this to install the latest firmware... it's possible that's all that was done. Plug it in and see what version is on there, and look for any custom patches in the user set lists, deviations from default global settings, etc... you'll likely be able to tell if this unit has been returned, used as a demo, etc.

• Upvote 1

I would open the packaging enough to identify the serial number and attempt to register the device to my Line 6 account. If the serial number has already been registered I would demand a replacement from the dealer based on that fact, and report them via support ticket to Line 6 if they refuse.

If you are able to register it successfully I would begin to use the device and be on the lookout for any immediate issues. If anything is defective, return it within the dealer’s return period. If you don’t notice anything wrong within that period then there is probably nothing wrong with it. After that your device remains covered under the Line 6 warranty.

• Upvote 1

I think dealers play a bit of a dishonest game all together and do lots of shady stuff, but im not going to freak out because somebody else touched my order. It could be for any number of reasons. Plug it in, make sure it works as intended, makes sure it looks as intended, make sure it hasn been registered, make sure all the package contents are there, and enjoy using it. If over the next 30 days you see evidence of wear and tare, document it and come down on them, HARD.  Seems to me youre convincing yourself to assume the worst.

57 minutes ago, titchyblackcat said:

What it could mean is, Line 6 have a got a dodgy dealer who i may add hasn't replied to an e-mail i sent this morning.

Well, I guess that wouldn’t be Captain Lee, they are usually pretty good at replying to email, but also because they are charging £40 more than most U.K. retailers for the HXLT.

I’m with “cruisinon” and “silverhead” on this one. Check the serial number, and Firmware version and anything other than default setlists etc.

If it has been updated - great, one less hoop to jump through. If it works as expected, but shows signs of being previously used, then you should request an “open box” discount. As for replies to emails - give it a day, then chase it up. Your buyers rights are unaffected, (check with your local Trading Standards office), and if it’s a flakey unit have it swapped for a new one.

Hope this helps/makes sense.

• Upvote 1