Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Routing HD500X Sound to External Speakers

DaveLeeNC

In my Windows 10 desktop computer setup I have two (USB attached) DAC/Amplifiers set up. One drives a pair of desktop speakers and the other drives a pair of (slightly larger and in a different place) monitor speakers and also serves as my headphone amplifier. I would like to be able to route HD500X sound to either of these output paths just like I do with music player software on my desktop computer. Maybe I want to hear through the desktop speakers, maybe the headphones, maybe the bigger speakers, etc. 

I can certainly point to the HD500X as my input (like when recording in Audacity). What is the most efficient way to just route what comes out of the HD500X (and into my desktop computer) to either of the two USB DAC's. I think that there is a recording loopback way to do that in Audacity (have not tried it), but that seems awkward, possibly with latency issues, and just not convenient. 

What is the best way to do that? Thanks.

dave

FWIW, the best solution that I have come up with so far is to run the free version of Amplitube with no effects or cab's or anything else and to take input from the HD500x sound card. Then use Amplitube to select the output path.   I would think that would work but so far I have been completely unable to get Amplitube 5 to accept input of any kind (or even to configure to accept input of any kind). Frustrating. 

dave

@stormstudios Thanks - I had run into this before and rejected it (jackaudio.org) based on its description which is "basic infrastructure for audio applications to communicate with each other and with hardware ...".

I had rejected that simply because that is not my problem. I actually don't have any software that needs to either send or receive audio information. I have two sound cards/drivers separated by an OS and I need to find software (or maybe an OS path) that will allow one to drive the other. I have a input sound card that would be happy to tell someone what it is doing, but I don't have that software installed (and am looking for it). And kind of the reverse case for the output side. 

What exactly are you doing with Soundflower? Soundflower appears to be solving a similar problem (re:jackaudio). 

If I don't hear back from IKMedia  (Amplitube) today I am going to go looking for another free amp simulator to try as a solution to this problem. 

dave