Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

POD Go 1.21

Digital_Igloo

Many thanks for the update @Digital_Igloo and all the guys at Line 6 that worked so hard on this for us. Really great to have our first proper Pod Go update - rockin'!:dude:aok:rockin

Not sure if it's just me but I might have found a BUG in Pod Go Edit v1.21 image.gif.9252aabb3eaa13ff077eca6c817699ee.gif:cry: :huh

So, I've upgraded pretty much without a hitch although for some reason, possibly drivers, I had to reboot my Windows 7 PC. But its upgraded fine.

Love the Horizon Drive, Princeton and the acoustic sim.

However, when I add the acoustic sim I don't get the little 'x' next to the little round on/off button in Pod Go Edit so once added, I can't delete it.  If I select the block with Acoustic Sim and try to select 'None' effect from the FX options, it comes up with an orange warning line at the top of Pod Go Edit saying "Failed to clear model,function not implemented [code-3]".  If I add it and then try to remove it by undoing, I get a warning box that says "Failed to undo edit buffer.  function not implemented [code-3]".  If (before I've saved the patch with Acoustic Simulator added) I select another patch and then go back to that patch, then the Acoustic Simulator doesn't appear.  But once I've saved it, I can only remove it via Pod Go.I can remove it in Pod Go itself.(Actually, I can remove it in Pod Go Edit indirectly by first replacing with another fx model and then deleting that model, as everything else does have the 'x').

Is anyone else having this glitch on their new Pod Go Edit v1.21 or is this just me?

Also, and this could of course be intentional & due to the acoustic simulator using more DSP than the fixed EQ allowance, but in the fixed block you don't see it as an option - only if you go to the EQ models in a user block. Bit of a shame as you can't then swap the fixed EQ for the Ac Sim.

UPDATE
I think I know what Line 6 have done - because they've added the Acoustic Sim to the EQ section, which is a FIXED BLOCK, the Acoustic Sim has been categorised in Pod Go Edit as a FIXED BLOCK and can't be deleted directly, hence no 'x'. But because (I'm assuming) it's using more DSP than the fixed DSP allocation in the EQ section, it doesn't appear in the FIXED BLOCK EQ options. So I suspect it's an unintentional 'bug' that Line 6 needs to fix.

I'm also getting Pod Go Edit connection problems that I never had on the previous version.  I don't know if this is a bug in Pod Go Edit or Pod Go but I think there's definitely something wrong somewhere.

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, voxman55 said:

Is anyone else having this glitch on their new Pod Go Edit v1.21 or is this just me?

Also, and this could of course be intentional & due to the acoustic simulator using more DSP than the fixed EQ allowance, but in the fixed block you don't see it as an option - only if you go to the EQ models in a user block. Bit of a shame as you can't then swap the fixed EQ for the Ac Sim.

I use only POD Go Edit to update my POD Go !

But on the POD Go, you cannot select the acoustic sim in the fixed Eq block.

You can only select the acoustic sim from the Eq category of a freely usable block.

So this is the same weird behaviour as in POD Go Edit.

This looks like a bug or at least an inconsistent and counter intuitive behaviour.

Hi, I tried to update Pod Go Edit in Windows 7 a few times last night unsuccessfully and had to uninstall and go back to the first version of Pod Go Edit and update from there. I was then able to up date to the latest version of Pod Go Edit. I then wanted to update my Pod Go. When I check for updates in Pod Go Edit it says I’m up to date but I don’t see any of the new amps, cabs or effects on my Pod Go or in Pod Go. Not sure what I need to do. I’m sure it’s something really obvious but I’m at a loss. Thanks for the help. 

6 hours ago, OmegaSlayer said:

Hello

After the update I started having some volume and tone issues from the device

Volume drops and the same seems to happen to some parameters, as the sound darkens then rebrightens and so on

Not on this update but I've had similar behaviour pop up.  Line 6 support recommended I back up my patches and reset back to *factory settings by pressing switches C&D and holding these when powering up Pod Go, then re-importing my patches back. Worked perfectly after that.  *You won't lose the v1.21 update btw.  

• Like 2

11 hours ago, smithjd said:

Hi, I tried to update Pod Go Edit in Windows 7 a few times last night unsuccessfully and had to uninstall and go back to the first version of Pod Go Edit and update from there. I was then able to up date to the latest version of Pod Go Edit. I then wanted to update my Pod Go. When I check for updates in Pod Go Edit it says I’m up to date but I don’t see any of the new amps, cabs or effects on my Pod Go or in Pod Go. Not sure what I need to do. I’m sure it’s something really obvious but I’m at a loss. Thanks for the help. 

There have been a few reports of folk having similar problems, but mostly with mac rather than PC. Try rebooting your PC first - for some reason I was 'asked' to do this on mine (also W7).  Then re-connect Pod Go, open up PGE v1.21 & see if they are now there.

If you are still having problems, when you start Pod Go what firmware version does it show in the kidney bean at start up?  

16 hours ago, voxman55 said:

Not on this update but I've had similar behaviour pop up.  Line 6 support recommended I back up my patches and reset back to *factory settings by pressing switches C&D and holding these when powering up Pod Go, then re-importing my patches back. Worked perfectly after that.  *You won't lose the v1.21 update btw.  

Yeah I read about that problem

I had it very seldomly since the purchase (mid Feb 2021, 1.12 already installed), annoying, but nothing crazy

I wasn't using the device for recording yet, as I still have to learn a lot, and I knew an update was coming, so I thought "I'll wait the new update, it'll solve this", but the problem increased after the update, and it's annoying now

Will try to reset to factory settings when I get back home (after back up or maybe I'll just save the good presets I have made so far and take a chance to clean everything)

3 hours ago, olerabbit said:

In Pod Go Edit 1.11 the letters of the preset name changed into italic after a preset modification. „My“ Edit 1.21 doesn’t.

Does anyone else notice this behaviour?

Thats odd. Mine never did that, the typeface never changed? I'm on Windows 7 so its possible the operating system or whether you are on PC or Mac may be a factor here.

On 3/29/2021 at 5:05 AM, olerabbit said:

In Pod Go Edit 1.11 the letters of the preset name changed into italic after a preset modification. „My“ Edit 1.21 doesn’t.

Does anyone else notice this behaviour?

I'm on Windows 10 and I miss the Italics as well. It was a nice visual cue. Maybe it was replaced with something else and I just don't notice it yet.

Thanks to Voxmann55 and usedbyanr. I'm on WIN10 20H2 loaded with the lates updates.

I miss this italic feature, it was very helpful editing presets. So from now on I have to always save before I exit the edit mode.

1 hour ago, mads-k said:

Updated to 1.21... Glitz delay is there, but under EQ, I don’t have an acoustic sim? A bug?

Make sure you're not trying to find it under the fixed EQ block.  It doesn't show up there.  To add it, you need to go to a free block, choose the EQ type, then you will find the acoustic simulator.

44 minutes ago, CRM114FGD135 said:

Make sure you're not trying to find it under the fixed EQ block.  It doesn't show up there.  To add it, you need to go to a free block, choose the EQ type, then you will find the acoustic simulator.

Thanks! That worked!

When I updated none of the the new items like Amps and pedals are useable. When I am in POD GO edit, i see them but are blacked outed. 

So far I went back to the old firmware 1.12 Then back to 1.21. 

Any ideas? 

I'm using a PC with windows 10

On 4/7/2021 at 4:09 AM, SnowCatzz said:

When I updated none of the the new items like Amps and pedals are useable. When I am in POD GO edit, i see them but are blacked outed. 

So far I went back to the old firmware 1.12 Then back to 1.21. 

Any ideas? 

I'm using a PC with windows 10

You may need to reboot your computer after installing

• 3 weeks later...

I ran the 1.21 firmware update this morning and it appeared to go off without a hitch. However when I went back into PodGo Edit, the new amps and effects weren't present. I tried restarting the PodGo device, as well as restarting PodGo edit, and even rebooting my computer. None of this worked. To see the new features, I had to remove my existing install of PodGo Edit, and install PodGo Edit 1.21. After doing this everything is there. This is running on a mid 2012 macbook pro 13.

• 1 year later...

Hey!

I just tried to update using Pod Go Edit, but I got this message:
"Failed to download firmware update file.
Please check your Internet connection and try again.
Unknown. [code -2004].

My internet connection is pretty fine. What should I do?

Thank you!