Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Dt series effects options

Jessehendrixp1

Ok so now that I have my dt amp I'm wanting to get an effects unit for it....... At first I was looking at the 500x but then I realized at some point l6 did a update so the helix could be used so that brings me to my question...... Does the helix work with a dt50 the same way a hd500x does as far as compatibility........ Honestly I don't think I could afford a helix anyway but I figured I'd ask just in case I could run across a used one for a decent price........ And if I did decide on the 500x are those still pretty relevant machines I know they have been out awhile but so has the Dt amps at this point and I wouldn't trade my dt50 for anything I love it.....  

Where multiple devices are used, it's convenient to have an integrated path.

The devices work together more seamlessly. The original concept was "The Dream Rig",...

Guitar --> FX (like the 500X) --> L6 Link --> DT amp(s)

The Band Station, L2 and L3 series Sound Reinforcement also made use of Line 6 Link running

between them for a soundscape live system. Link 6 Link is extended into some our current products like the Helix. 

Well I almost pulled the trigger on a helix.......... But honestly the more I thought about it the more it bothered me it was just so flipping expensive (that's a big expense for me)..... Then I ran across a used 500x for $250 so I decided to just go ahead and grab that up use it for awhile and after I get to where I can use it decently I'll make a trip to the local gc or rushes music and give a helix a try if I really think it's that much better I'll buy it then and won't really be losing much on the pod500x....... I'm sure I could resell it for almost what I have In it...... I honestly don't use a whole lot of effects of extra sounds so I'm thinking the pod will do me fine for now anyway

• 2 weeks later...

I use the Helix Floor more than anything these days.  At home I hook it up to a couple of Powercab+112 or DT25 amps.   The integration is very nice, and it sounds fantastic.  But when I leave my Helix at the practice space, I pull out an HD500 to play/practice.  It doesn't have the more advanced modeling, and vast selection of amps and effects, but it still sounds very good.  The DT amps are so versatile.    If you don't use a lot of effects, it might keep you happy for some time.

I use basic effects mostly to be honest....... But now that I've had the 500x a few weeks I can't help but wonder what the helix is about....... Honestly I kinda thought there would be more to the 500x the way people make it sound so complicated...... Honestly it's just a few amp models and your choice normal effects lol but it is cool how it integrates with the dt