Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Strange Overtone

bklicky2

My setup is:

PodGo updated

PRS SE 24

Ernie Ball Cobalt strings (new) but happened on previous strings too.

Headrush FIFO 12

Clean patches sound fine. Moderate or greater driven patches produce an annoying rumbling overtone when  I hammer, slide or pull off to another note. sometimes I get this on single notes but it is most pronounced when I slide or hammer.   I notice this mostly in the mid-range of the guitar. Not sure but it almost sounds as though the PODGO is trying to continue to play the old pitch while also playing the new one. I have tried adjusting all kinds of parameters but alas I am lost. I am wide open to ideas..... thanks.

I saw your post by chance on the index page of the various forums, I don't have the POD GO and I use a POD HD500X so I don't frequent this POD GO forum in particular.

However based on the description of your problem I would say that most likely what you are hearing are the so called ghost notes that are (really) generated by some tube amps and become more evident when a certain gain threshold is exceeded.

In the HD500X there is the HUM parameter which serves to adjust what causes these dissonant ghost notes. Probably in the POD GO there is the same HUM parameter and perhaps also the RIPPLE parameter which serves more or less the same thing.

If the above parameters are set to zero the ghost notes generated by the amp model should disappear completely.

(If you still get the rumbling overtones maybe your guitar needs a new setup; old worn out strings also might cause weird resonances)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, hurghanico said:

I saw your post by chance on the index page of the various forums, I don't have the POD GO and I use a POD HD500X so I don't frequent this POD GO forum in particular.

However based on the description of your problem I would say that most likely what you are hearing are the so called ghost notes that are (really) generated by some tube amps and become more evident when a certain gain threshold is exceeded.

In the HD500X there is the HUM parameter which serves to adjust what causes these dissonant ghost notes. Probably in the POD GO there is the same HUM parameter and perhaps also the RIPPLE parameter which serves more or less the same thing.

If the above parameters are set to zero the ghost notes generated by the amp model should disappear completely.

(If you still get the rumbling overtones maybe your guitar needs a new setup; old worn out strings also might cause weird resonances)

Starting at the end, the strings are brand new. But, I will definitely look at the HUM and Ripple parameters. THANKS

• 1 month later...

I habe the same problem. I run a Fender American ultra hss Strat into the podgo and habe a blueamps FRFR box at line out. And in all of my presets I have some crazy additional tones especially at the 12-15 fret. This happens mainly be bending notes by a quarter. With headphones it does not appear, with the box it starts to me mentionable at higher volumes. In factory presets or presets I bought I don't have the effect at all or it appears only at > 95% volume. I thought that my presets are maybe to loud and that some frequencies are Overdrive the line out. But I will try the hint with the amo settings. It happens also with other guitars and I let check the box and it was fine. 

On 3/27/2021 at 6:10 PM, bklicky2 said:

My setup is:

PodGo updated

PRS SE 24

Ernie Ball Cobalt strings (new) but happened on previous strings too.

Headrush FIFO 12

Clean patches sound fine. Moderate or greater driven patches produce an annoying rumbling overtone when  I hammer, slide or pull off to another note. sometimes I get this on single notes but it is most pronounced when I slide or hammer.   I notice this mostly in the mid-range of the guitar. Not sure but it almost sounds as though the PODGO is trying to continue to play the old pitch while also playing the new one. I have tried adjusting all kinds of parameters but alas I am lost. I am wide open to ideas..... thanks.

like said avobe, turn off the ripple parameter! good luck!

Could be a software corruption. Do a full back up in PG Edit, reset back to factory by pressing footswitches C and D as you power up, reimport your saved patches and see if the issue is still there.