Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Does Spider V 20 work with the Spider Remote app?

the_gorer

Pretty much what the title says: does Spider V 20 work with Spider Remote?

I installed the Spider Remote app on my Android phone and then I bought a USB OTG cable and plugged my phone in the amp.

Tried to mess around with the settings in the app and... Nothing happened. The amp and the phone do not communicate with each other.

Am I missing something here?

IMG20210328211528_07.thumb.jpg.dfdbe8d6d8078c2ec96c6fc65e89b7e9.jpg

Remote ver 2.00 and Spider V 20 do work together (at least per Line 6's Remote 2.00 release notes).  I have a 240HC head into a Win 10 machine so I can't provide much help to your specific problem.  But there are some other threads on Android connectivity with Remote.  I recommend you look at those.  

9 hours ago, the_gorer said:

^ Thanks, then my amp must be faulty.

Just make sure you look at the "Android compatibility and connectivity" threads.  Either way, I hope your issue gets fixed.  When fixed, please come back here and post the final solution.  Good luck!

I already tried connecting three different Android phones to my Spider V 20. None of them was able to recognize the amp and to connect to it.

Either my OTG cable sucks, or simply the Line 6 developers need to step their game up and to create a working app.

The amount of people complaining about not being able to connect their Android devices to their Spider V amps is just mind-boggling.

Do it right, Line 6.

Check to make sure that the amp is turned on first, then turn on the app.   Also, if you use an app that determines chords in a song, like Chord AI, you can turn on Chord AI first on your phone/iPad, connect the amp to your device, turn it on and load the app.  Then you can hear the song playing through the amp or headphones as you play. If this is out of order it won't work.  It works on my Spider V20 mkii.

• 2 weeks later...

On 4/10/2021 at 3:01 AM, Nolan8314 said:

Did you ever solve this? I am having the same issue.  Downloaded the new drivers but the amp isnt even recognized on a PC to use the updater.  Are these amps just broken?  

No, I haven't solved the problem.

I still can't use the Remote app at all.

• 1 month later...
On 3/28/2021 at 11:03 PM, the_gorer said:

I installed the Spider Remote app on my Android phone and then I bought a USB OTG cable and plugged my phone in the amp.

Tried to mess around with the settings in the app and... Nothing happened. The amp and the phone do not communicate with each other.

Hello, I had the same problem, the amplifier did not recognize my mobile phone until I discovered that the OTG adapter has 1P unidirectional signal, connect like this (mobile phone> OTG adapter> USB connector mobile phone> amplifier) this is how it works for me . I hope this is your problem. Regards.

• 1 month later...
On 5/25/2021 at 11:18 PM, mad_yamaha said:

Hello, I had the same problem, the amplifier did not recognize my mobile phone until I discovered that the OTG adapter has 1P unidirectional signal, connect like this (mobile phone> OTG adapter> USB connector mobile phone> amplifier) this is how it works for me . I hope this is your problem. Regards.

Hello,  my mobile phone uses a USB type C connector, while the OTG adapter uses USB type B standard.

Therefore, it is impossible to do what you have described and to connect the OTG adapter directly to my phone.

Maybe the trick works on older USB type B phones. Not on mine, though.

• 1 year later...
On 3/29/2021 at 7:03 AM, the_gorer said:

IMG20210328211528_07.thumb.jpg.dfdbe8d6d8078c2ec96c6fc65e89b7e9.jpg

Make sure the cable you are using supports data not just charging... Caught me out until I took my Samsung data cable and it suddenly worked 

• 1 month later...

We're sorry to see you run into trouble. Please try again with the latest version of the Remote app, but only after you update your Spider V firmware to version 2.01. Version 2.00 made it so that the Remote app wouldn't work with the Spider V 20 amp.

• 3 months later...
On 3/9/2023 at 12:53 AM, Line6Tony said:

We're sorry to see you run into trouble. Please try again with the latest version of the Remote app, but only after you update your Spider V firmware to version 2.01. Version 2.00 made it so that the Remote app wouldn't work with the Spider V 20 amp.

How can you update the firmware if the App won't connect to the amp?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...