Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix Stomp XL Issue

als_lespaul

Whenever digital doohickeys start doing weird lollipop, the first place to start is with a factory reset.

I'm not sure which buttons to hold during reboot, for the regular Stomp it's 2+3.

Next, make sure you're running the latest FW (v3.01). If not, start by installing HX Edit v3.01. 

Follow the instructions to install the FW using HX EDIT, NOT the installer.

Come back if there's still a problem.

• Upvote 1

On 3/30/2021 at 8:14 PM, rd2rk said:

Whenever digital doohickeys start doing weird lollipop, the first place to start is with a factory reset.

I'm not sure which buttons to hold during reboot, for the regular Stomp it's 2+3.

Next, make sure you're running the latest FW (v3.01). If not, start by installing HX Edit v3.01. 

Follow the instructions to install the FW using HX EDIT, NOT the installer.

Come back if there's still a problem.

Did that to no avail. Also, I'm on FW 3.02.

On 3/30/2021 at 10:58 PM, als_lespaul said:

What am I doing wrong?

I haven’t seen any other reports of this happening, so it maybe nothing. 

If you have your headphones connected in the correctly labelled Jack socket on the rear, and you Global Settings > Ins/Outs page 3 Phones Monitor is set to “Main L/R”, all should be functioning normally. If not, and because this will be a brand new unit, raise a ticket with Line 6 Customer Support and have it replaced immediately under warranty.

One, more thing, are you certain that your headphones are O.K? You didn’t mention a brand or model and/or impedance.

Hope this helps/makes sense.

1 hour ago, datacommando said:

I haven’t seen any other reports of this happening, so it maybe nothing. 

If you have your headphones connected in the correctly labelled Jack socket on the rear, and you Global Settings > Ins/Outs page 3 Phones Monitor is set to “Main L/R”, all should be functioning normally. If not, and because this will be a brand new unit, raise a ticket with Line 6 Customer Support and have it replaced immediately under warranty.

One, more thing, are you certain that your headphones are O.K? You didn’t mention a brand or model and/or impedance.

Hope this helps/makes sense.

Thank you. I'm using a set of Bose Noise canceling headphones (wired, of course). I double checked my global settings and they were as you stated. I've now submitted a support ticket.

• Like 1

If you are using  a headphone with a 3.5mm stereo cable and a 3.5mm to 1/4 TRS adapter to get it to fit into the headphone input of the HX stomp, then it is probably your adapter - if you wiggle things around the input jack (and wiggling btw is not good) and hear full sound, then that is a tip off. A lot of adapters are crap and will cause these issues after a few uses.

2 hours ago, als_lespaul said:

I'm using a set of Bose Noise canceling headphones (wired, of course)

Hi,

Mmm... they wouldn't be my first choice for use with any Helix, but each to their own. My wife has some Bose QC 3 things she uses to listen to stuff while she is working in the garden. I seem to be regularly buying replacement cables for the darn things, and the battery packs are constantly plugged into the wall charger. My preference is Audio Technica ATH-M50X, which are something of a studio staple.

Good move to contact support, because if there is a serious fault with the headphone amp on the Stomp XT, at least now they will be aware of it.

Good luck

• 2 weeks later...

Exact same problem here with the XL. Have gone into the global settings and tried a bunch of stuff. Have Sennheiser headphones with no need for adapter. Super weak volume and half the presets have no sound at all. 

Headphones are definitely ok. Use them quite a bit elsewhere in various devices.