Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Pod go in front of amp

Samdbl

So, if I turn off the cab and preamp blocks of the pod go, then I go from the amp out into the front of an amp, I am simply running a pedal chain into an amp, correct? I’m not doubling up on preamps as the preamp and cab blocks are turned off, correct? Or is there still a preamp of some sort present in the chain?

35 minutes ago, phil_m said:

As long as you have the input pad off, that should give you unity gain (assuming you have all other blocks bypassed).

right. But I don’t want the eq of a preamp/cab sim to interfere with the chain, either. Like, I’d like to use it as I would use my hx effects on occasion. So off is off, correct? I’m trying to evaluate this thing before the return date is up. It’s kind of looking like, unlike any of the other units, this unit is *only* for being used as an amp sim with an amp out only as an afterthought for monitoring or effects loop (which none of my vintage amps have). 

2 minutes ago, Samdbl said:

right. But I don’t want the eq of a preamp/cab sim to interfere with the chain, either. Like, I’d like to use it as I would use my hx effects on occasion. So off is off, correct? I’m trying to evaluate this thing before the return date is up. It’s kind of looking like, unlike any of the other units, this unit is *only* for being used as an amp sim with an amp out only as an afterthought for monitoring or effects loop (which none of my vintage amps have). 

Yes, if you bypass the block, it jut passes the signal through it, unaffected.

Another way to do this is to put the send/return block in front of the amp and turn the effects send on. Connect the effects send jack to your amp.

This comes in handy if you want to use a real amp AND a PA (or other full range system). Use a 1/4" stereo Y cable (male, female, male) to jump effects out to effects in, and tap off to the guitar amp. This way you send your post effects signal to you amp and also into the amp/speaker simulators to go to the PA.