Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

CEBA vs barefoot buttons

rwinking

So after a few years of these buttons being available, is there any consensus as to which work the best as far as the touch capacitance, looks, comfort level, etc.?

I know that the Barefoot Buttons cost a couple of dollars more and the screws are on the side for the touch thing with the CEBA having the metal on top. Also the CEBA is held on magnetically?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, rwinking said:

So after a few years of these buttons being available, is there any consensus as to which work the best as far as the touch capacitance, looks, comfort level, etc.?

I know that the Barefoot Buttons cost a couple of dollars more and the screws are on the side for the touch thing with the CEBA having the metal on top. Also the CEBA is held on magnetically?

First time I had actually seen this button option. Thanks for posting! They look great and the translucent design appears to let the LED ring remain nice and visible. The design with the metal insert in the center is potentially the best I have seen for retaining and using the capacitance sensitivity. I am curious as to whether affixing them magnetically is sufficient to keep them from getting lost or kicked off during a show. Also, at $7.99 apiece they are not inexpensive. Very appealing if they work properly though. Hope some folks who have them post their reviews here.

• 3 weeks later...

I got the CEBA buttons and they are great! The touch capacitants on the top is perfect and the buttons stay put with the magnets. I put them on my HX FX and now may have to buy some more for my Stomp XL. They are not cheap though if you lawn on outfitting more than one Helix model.

• Thanks 1

I have the translucent Barefoot Buttons and they are awesome. I like having the capacitance functions accessed by touching the set screw on the side rather than a surface on top, as it keeps me from accidentally doing things (which used to happen a LOT). It requires deliberate action. Also, I think they look pretty sweet...

File%20Nov%2015,%203%2048%2041%20AM.jpegPhoto%20Aug%2001,%2011%2013%2017%20AM.jpBoard%20-%20Dark.jpeg?raw=1