Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Cable powered kit discontinued, why?

hirsheys

On 3/31/2021 at 3:53 PM, hirsheys said:

Why is this product being discontinued ?

You'll never get a real answer, but if I were a betting man I'd say it's because the current Variax offerings are more than a decade old, and those kits were originally released to power guitars that are even older than that... nothing lasts forever.

It also depends on where you're getting your information... if some retail drone told you it's discontinued, it's probably because that's what his inventory control program spat out... but that may or may not have anything to do with reality... it might very well still exist and be available elsewhere. You can't take anything some music store counter jockey tells you as Gospel. Most of them have permanent Neutral Zones around their heads...I once had one tell me (complete with obnoxious smirk and eye-roll) that the item I was inquiring about "didn't exist". Meanwhile it was in a display case not 6 feet away... but I digress. 

Does anybody know of any other way to juice up a variax without batteries without having to purchase any line 6 product that costs more than 150 dollars ?

Thanks

Nope... it's the battery, or a VDI connection to a device specifically designed to power a Variax.