Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HX Effects, where to trade Favorites?

howarddavidp

Hello,

I just got my HX effects and I am loving it thus far, but I am wondering where users can trade their favorites?

I purchased the Pasadena pack from the store, but I am more interested in trading or looking at other users Favorites, aka the *.fav files you can download/upload from the software editor?

I ask because I got great advice on using the auto-swell for the Van Halen Cathedral patch, I was struggling to get the other swells to work well, and I found the post here that said to use the Legacy swell and it worked great.

I am looking for the settings people have used for the EVH Flanger and the EVH Phaser & Chorus?  I saved my patch and posted it for the swell/Cathedral patch, I was hoping to get more patches and specific effect modeled after the EVH series?  The Pasadena set is great, but it seems like it is tailored toward early EVH, like the Roth era, first 3 albums.  This works great, but if I want to play songs from Diver Down or later, the Pasadena tones are not accurate enough for me?  I wish Line 6 would sell more packs and list the specific albums (if it is not a copyright issue).  The Pasadena collection could also have a footnote called Albums 1-3 if they could not list the names, such as VH1, VH2, W&CF, etc.  I would like to see a Pasadena #2 pack (subtitled FW & DD), followed by a Pasadena 3 (again, 1984 thru 5150).

Oh yeah, I am a Van Halen but, but I also like most other 80's rock.

So, the question is what is the best forum here, or elsewhere, to trade *.fav files?

Thanks,

Dave

Hey Dave -

Have you tried looking on Line 6 CustomTone?

here

There are very few patches under EVH and or Van Halen there for HX Effects.

My thought to find more ideas  - -

try looking for tones on CustomTone for the Helix/LT/Stomp.

you can't load a Helix patch onto the HX Effects (not 100% sure about this - I don't own the HX Effects)

but

you can use this free utility that a forum user posted called HLX View.

Drag and drop a DLed file onto it and read the path set ups with effects used and the settings listed for each effect used

and duplicate on your HX Effects. Find HLX View here.

just my 2¢

might help without too much trouble

and all free

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Hey_Joe said:

you can't load a Helix patch onto the HX Effects (not 100% sure about this - I don't own the HX Effects)

Hi,

Something similar to this came up recently, when someone wanted to use his HXFX patches in a HX Stomp. According to the published manuals this was not possible. It was then pointed out that the Preset files could be opened or you can drag and drop into HX Edit and then saved out the file to the Stomp.

I guess the same would work in the opposite direction. Load the CustomTone patch into HX Edit and then strip out any Amp/Cab/IR blocks that cannot be used in the HXFX hardware.

This theory is untested AFAIK,  but it should work - the only thing you could lose is the time spent stripping out the unwanted stuff.

There again - as Digital Igloo stated, and has been quoted many times (he may even have it on a t-shirt) - “All presets suck!”.

Hope this helps/makes sense.