Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Guitar Port Some Year Later

pgianf

Hi,

after some years without using my guitar port I've decided to try it again, so i've installed the latest software and drivers and started using it with my guitar. The only application i've found to get some sound out of my guitar is the POD Farm 2 that says that i'm not authorized, license not found, so it runs in demo mode and it cost 99 $ to buy it. I remember there was an application with which i could use different model amps and effects. So pratically my device is not usable without this new application and i have to buy it? is there any alternative to guitar port online?

thanks

Paolo

Was looking at the Pod farm and  GearBox  "free" posting above BY bigchas52....but when i go to Line 6 site  find this

For owners of eligible Line 6 hardware (other than TonePort DI Silver or Gold Plug-in Bundle or TonePort UX8) plug-in processing requires the purchase and activation of a license from the Line 6 Online Store.

not sure where the FREE part somes in..........

Anyone?

the standalone program is free... the plugin functionality would require an upgrade... in some cases. much depends on the actual device and what licensing was included when you purchased it.

not sure i understand what you mean by "standalone" ......  can you point me to a link or something.

Thanks

There are two versions of POD Farm.  There is a "standalone" version that you can use for live play.  The installer will put an icon on your desktop, and you can start it from there.  The installer will also install a "plug-in" version, which is used as a VST effect in recording programs.

POD Farm 1.12 standalone usage is free.  The plug-in is not, and can no longer be purchased

POD Farm 2.56 standalone is not free.  When you purchase POD Farm 2.56, you also get the VST plug-in

You can download POD Farm 1.12 here http://line6.com/software  Make sure you select "All OS" in the dropdown box or you will not find it

Hi

So Guitar Port Online has gone some years ago, now there is something similiar for the Viper series, but is not the same concept. 

do you know if there is some service like GPO on internet.  I've tried http://www.jammmz.com/ but it's lesson oriented . I like the concept of jamming with real tracks (not ime to have my own band).

any suggestion?

• 5 years later...
  • 6 months later...

Gearbox support?  How about all the pedals packs I've purchased?  I haven't used it since I upgraded to Win 7 years ago as it's a pain to get working, but would like to use my Guitarport, along with say the $99 Power Pack I purchased to go along with what was already included in Gearbox?  Will the lic manager recognize those purchases?  How about that stupid monkey?

License manager will recognise any upgrades you have purchased if done so through your account. You might be able to get an equivelant license for podfarm through line6 if you open up a support ticket and explain the situation, I've read of some success on this forum doing that.