Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

what is going on here?

itsratso

noob here trying to get this set up. somehow my footswitch modes are screwed up. they are supposed to look like in the picture from the manual. but mine have the wrong commands (stomp mode has snapshots instead of bypass or assignments and no tap/tuner) or just altogether blank (scroll mode has no commands)? i don't see in the manual how you can edit these modes?

166890681_786181312326446_6471586118748129633_n.jpg

168026833_506700993674729_1053839856534441376_n.jpg

168837765_1181932419010590_6742106588358347584_n.jpg

When digital stuff gets wonky, reboot/factory reset.

Make sure you're on the latest FW version - v3.01.

Install HX Edit v3.01. Click the gear icon in the lower left corner, select CHECK FOR UPDATES.

FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS!

If you're already on v3.01 of BOTH HX Edit AND the FW, then do a Factory Reset. Reboot holding FS 2+3.

Come back and update us.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, rd2rk said:

When digital stuff gets wonky, reboot/factory reset.

You would have thought that this far down the line, most people would have picked up on this stuff, but still they come. It’s relentless. All we can do is hope that the proposed v3.1 update routine will take the pain out of having to constantly type out and repost the same solutions over and over again.

Until then, I guess we have to keep on keeping on.

1 hour ago, datacommando said:

You would have thought that this far down the line, most people would have picked up on this stuff, but still they come. It’s relentless. All we can do is hope that the proposed v3.1 update routine will take the pain out of having to constantly type out and repost the same solutions over and over again.

Until then, I guess we have to keep on keeping on.

That, and it would be really nice if all of the next manual updates (v4.0?) would include the factory reset procedures.......

• Upvote 1

noob here trying to get this set up. somehow my footswitch modes are screwed up. they are supposed to look like in the picture from the manual. but mine have the wrong commands (stomp mode has snapshots instead of bypass or assignments and no tap/tuner) or just altogether blank (scroll mode has no commands)? i don't see in the manual how you can edit these modes?

I think it's a simple setup issue.

1. Your 2nd pic which shows snapshot up/down is the scroll mode. Here you can toggle preset up/down and snapshot up/down by holding FS1+2 as written in the manual.

2. I suspect you changed the FS3 function from Tap/Tuner which is factory default to something else, most likely Stomp3. That's why Tap/Tuner is missing.

3. Your 3rd pic shows stomp mode but most likely you didn't assign any bypass function. That's why it shows blank buttons.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

so yes, I think you've got it. I did not see the fs1 + fs2 thing. I did change fs3 to stomp3 because that was required to set up my jet hx midi switch. I don't even really know what the stomp3 setting does, but if it means I can't use the fs3 for tap tempo then that kind of sucks. I did have bypasses programmed in but I probably undid them when I was trying to figure out what I did wrong. thanx for the help, now I know where to start.