Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

how to set wah state always on

5mafre5br

1) HX Edit, I want my wah pedal to be initially on, so I dont have to press the pedal toe to turn it on.  How do I do that? 

2) How can I set the level to be louder at the lower frequencies (heel down)?   I dont know how to do controller assign, so detailed instructions would be helpful. 

thanks

18 hours ago, 5mafre5br said:

1) HX Edit, I want my wah pedal to be initially on, so I dont have to press the pedal toe to turn it on.  How do I do that? 

Just save preset/snapshot with the wah block active.

18 hours ago, 5mafre5br said:

2) How can I set the level to be louder at the lower frequencies (heel down)?   I dont know how to do controller assign, so detailed instructions would be helpful. 

You didn't say which HX device you have. On the Helix do the following:

1. Create wah and volume blocks and make sure both are active(lit) then highlight/select the Volume block
  2. Press the  "≡" button (Note: Make sure your Volume block is selected first per step #1)
  3. Press Controller Assign
  4. Set the parameter 'Controller' = "EXP Pedal 1" (if your wah block is assigned to "EXP Pedal 1")
  5. Set 'Min Value' = 100%,  Set 'Max Value' = 0%  (notice you are reversing the default values, also, if you don't want the volume to go all the way to zero in the toe-up position or to max out at the toe-down position then adjust the Min/Max Value settings accordingly)
  6. Save your preset

Note: You can edit the assignments further in HX Edit or on the device as needed if you decide to get the toe switch involved.

• Upvote 1