Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HX stomp hold delay between preset change

c-chavez

Hello everyone, I was wondering if in a HX stoml it is possible to hold the delay (the delay's feedback probably) while switching to a different preset, so that the transition feels with less lag. I remember I could do this with and old multi effects unit but forgot which one (probably an old digitech gnx3 or a zoom). 

Thank you!

1 hour ago, c-chavez said:

I was wondering if in a HX stoml it is possible to hold the delay (the delay's feedback probably) while switching to a different preset,

Sadly, not possible with the HX Stomp as it uses one whole DSP path to create the “spillover”. This is possible using a Helix LT, Floor, or Rack by sacrificing one processor path.

You can get a similar effect by using ”snapshots” to switch inside a preset on the Stomp as mentioned by “silverhead” in the post above.

Thank you for the responses. I understand that snapshots are the only way of achieving this, but unfortunately I can't share all the blocks of my presets to create a snapshot (which is mainly the reason why I have/use presets). I just have to acknowledge it can't be done between presets (at least with the stomp). Thank you all for explaining also why this happens. I thought because an old 2000's multi effects pedal could achieve this then a newer could as well, but of course different technologies, DSPs, etc. I can live with the lag, and will have to learn to switch faster :)