Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Onboard Tuner

zombiejonb

Ok so I am having an issue with the tuner on my Spider IV. I try to tune my guitar to standard tuning, and while the LED screen says it is in tune, the guitar is way out of tune. When I use an external tuner it is just fine. But then the LED screen shows me out of tune. Has anyone else had this issue? and How can it be fixed?

I have heard of this, and there does not seem to be any way to calibrate the onboard tuner.   You could try a factory reset, but note that you will lose any custom patches you have set up in the amp (save them onto a computer using Spider Edit).

• 4 years later...

I don't have the issue with my spider IV 120 but it seem the problem I have is with the MKII pedal. When I tune the guitar it seems fine but when go play a chord it's all off. I had my guitar intonated. But if I do the fifth fret finger tuning and get it in tune and go back to the tuner it's showing its all out of whack. But the chords and the guitar seems to play fine. It's all in tune. is there away to get this pedal recalibrated? Thanks.  

Harmonic at fret five,... it may be the tuner won't track that high of a pitch.

Never tried tuning anything other than open strings on those myself. Not really

meant for use beyond being like the mini head-stock tuners.

We use a Peterson precision tuner here for intonating with. 

Not sure if you can calibrate that part of the pedal - the pedal does not have a tuner itself, its is just reading the signal from the amp, so it's the signal calibration that is off at the tuner.

You could try reflashing the pedal software (if you dare - sometimes people have had more issues when doing that!) - but you'll need Monkey to recognize the devices first.   I had that problem with an old Win machine, eventually used a different computer to connect and get the software updates.