Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Signal chain with HX stomp and other pedals

EthanLamoureux

So I bought an hx stomp to act as an amp and cab sim as well as a few effects to fill in the gaps in missing in my board. For pedals I have a jhs double barrel, oceans 12 reverb, pog2 octaver, and I’m going to buy a boss FV-500 I just don’t know whether to get the 500H or 500L. This is my first real dive into pedal boards I’ve messed around with pedals in the past but nothing as put together as this. Coming up I’m going to be replacing the guitarist for my church and we’re in a small building so I figured it’d be best to just run an amp sim rather than mic up a cab. My question is what should my signal chain be. The effects I would be using the stomp for would be most likely a compressor and delay. Also if you guys are able to help me decide which volume pedal to go for( High impedance or Low), there’s more to that then I figured there would be. I play a Ibanez AZ series with the Seymour Duncan Hyperion pickups I believe they are passive. Thank you for any help!

Pedal order is preference but a basic setup would probably be this for what you have. ¹)Guitar to volume pedal to Pog to Hx input. ²)Double Barrel to fx-loop one. ³) Oceans to fx-loop two. ⁴)fx-loop one before amp Sim and fx-loop two after amp Sim. It's all preference but this is a good starting point.