Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Quieter footswitches?

aviavi123

Does anyone know if it's possible to replace the HX Stomp/Helix footswitches with soft-click type? I don't care about capacitive switching, so this would be a non issue.

The reason I ask is that I have an M9 that had better quality soft-click (or soft touch) footswitches put in. The HX Stomp XL footswitches make quite a bit of acoustic click/clunk sound in comparison. Normally this isn't an issue, but I like frequently manipulating looper speeds and active overdubbing.  Constantly pressing switches on the HX Stomp XL is pretty audible. Thanks.

People on here have posted sources of replacements for broken footswitches, you might be able to search for that and see if there is a more suitable alternative for you.

The actual electrical switches (at least on the floor model) are a standard tactile pcb switch so I doubt it's the actual switch that's too noisy.

• Upvote 1

Anyway, afaik the M9 had the same tactile switch, soldered to PCB. Same as Helix, HX etc... Funny is, I remember people complaining about how bad those were lol!

Line 6 M13 Stompbox Modeler Foot Switch Replacements - Set Of | Reverb

What make noise in these systems aren't really the little switches, but friction of springs/metal bits just above the actual switch. Messing around there, imho, is a path to nowhere.

Also, this will totally void the warranty (and considering it's a brand new, just released XL, doesn't really sound a smart move).

If ain't broke, don't fix it.

• Upvote 1