Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix FW 3.1?

bverdon

Just curious if anyone knows what is supposed to come in the next release of FW for the Helix? 

I would love to have the ability of choosing separate amps and separate topologies for a pair of DT series amps in series via the L6 cable... 

I heard a lot of noise about the RAT distortion pedal... what are you guys hoping for?

Hi.

Here you can find 126 pages (along 6 months of blah blah) about the subject, and also few L6 guys posting there. https://www.thegearpage.net/board/index.php?threads/helix-3-1.2197408/

Short answer is; nobody really knows. My only wish is mic offset for cabs, even if I'm not longer using Helix amp modeling, but this could be something pulling me back. :)

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, bverdon said:

I would love to have the ability of choosing separate amps and separate topologies for a pair of DT series amps in series via the L6 cable... 

You can do this now. You can select different topologies and power amp configuration for each DT amp, and you can send separate amp or preamp models into each one. One DT will receive the left side and the other one will receive the right side.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, phil_m said:

You can do this now. You can select different topologies and power amp configuration for each DT amp, and you can send separate amp or preamp models into each one. One DT will receive the left side and the other one will receive the right side.

Well... thought I figured it out... .. just selected the digital outs for each path... chose preset1 for AMP 1 and preset2 for AMP 2... and I can have separate topologies ...  

no matter what I do... both digital outputs share the same topology. If I change DSP digital output on the first shelf, it mates over to to the same settings on the second amp.. and only one AMP model picks up

Do you have this working Phil?

Hi 

I think the issue will be using 2 paths, each with the digital output from what you're describing.

I've attached a working example - ignore how it sounds as I just chucked blocks in place to show how it works.

I've split into to amp models on Path 1 for effects that run pre amp, and send them panned hard left and right to path 2 for effects post amp, then split off to the digital send before going to cab etc for XLRs.

At the digital out each DT25 is set to a different topology, but importantly "remote" is set to preset, and "Select per preset enabled" - sounds like you have this bit sorted already.

DT25s.hlx

5 hours ago, mingyi said:

I wish in the next FW HX stomp could do “real” dual path like the Helix  LT and Floor do

Hi,

This is not going to happen in a firmware update, as it has previously been explained that the HX Stomp has only one DSP whereas the the Floor, Rack and LT are all dual DSP.

No matter how much you wish, or how many times you post the same thing - it is a physical impossibility.

Hope this finally makes sense.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, PierM said:

Buy two stomps. Done.

Great idea, but “mingyi” doesn’t want to get a dual processor unit such as the Helix LT, because it has too many switches and is too heavy!

It’s a “no win” situation for him.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, datacommando said:

Great idea, but “mingyi” doesn’t want to get a dual processor unit such as the Helix LT, because it has too many switches and is too heavy!

It’s a “no win” situation for him.

I see...

...A stomp with 2 DSPs,  32 Blocks, two path, four signals stereo.....packed into a cig box with a 2.4" display and 3 footswitches.

Makes sense.

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, CraigGT said:

In case you missed it, it's just been released.

Don't forget to read the instructions!

Especially the part in bold red that tells you to make a backup(make two!), do a factory reset, and then restore your setlists, favorites, IRs, etc..

Note too that after doing a factory reset you will have the latest v3.10 factory presets, including any potential additions or modifications. If you want to keep them don’t overwrite them during the restoration of your backup. You can choose NOT to restore Setlists #1, 2, and 8 (Factory1, Factory2, and Templates).

1 hour ago, CraigGT said:

In case you missed it, it's just been released.

Don't forget to read the instructions!

I think I will wait until after the rush, plus the studio is locked up until tomorrow and I’m having a beer now.

Enjoy.

Edit:

Anyhow, if this new installation is so clever, it should know that I’m busy drinking and just get on with the job of setting itself up and then email me when it’s done!

• Haha 1