Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Powercab help!

nammeh

Hi, I bought a Powercab online yesterday, and there seems to be an issue with at least a couple fo the patches.  I've made a quick video to demo the issue here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?

v=DzfCU8BHEKg

There's a  clear vibrating/distorting sound coming from the cab. In the demo I'm using Marco Fanton's 'Tweenty' patch. I've bypassed the IR, made sure  my Helix output is set to line level, and have set the Powercab input so it's dialed back from orange to stable green, so hot enough going into the Powercab but without clipping. There are plenty patches that sound fine. The shop is quite happy to collect and return, but I'd really value a second opinion if possible. I've taken everything off the patch and just left the amp ( US Double Nrm) and still hear the vibration/distortion. Is it likely to be a faulty unit, or is there something I might be missing? Any help appreciated!

• Like 1

It's hard to tell from the video, but the bottom line is that if it's a physical vibration in the cabinet, return it for an exchange.

If it's distortion in the signal, look to gain staging in your signal chain.

The level indicator on the PC actually isn't meant to be "always in the green". It should actually be amber/orange when you're digging in, even the OCCASIONAL flash of red is OK.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have two PC212+s and one of them rattles with high volume while the other does not.  The issues sounds like a loose wire or something.  I missed my warranty window, so I'll fix it myself one of these days, but you should either return it for a different one or go through warranty.