Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix effects command centre changing amp channel.

Gkf9

Can anyone  explain to me how the lighting bolts work in the command centre, I'm after setting up amp changing per snapshot, do the bolts represent the 6 switches on the Helix effects? Do I have to select one per snapshot? 

I'm using the TRS cable method.

I have read the manual, but it doesn't explain much.

TIA

All six commands are sent out when you load a preset and/or load a snapshot. Commands are only sent out per snapshot if the snapshot you're going to has a different value for a command than the one you're coming from (MIDI PCs would be the exception to this if you have the Duplicate PC Send setting to On in the Global Settings menu).

• Upvote 1

When you load a preset or a snapshot, the commands assigned to the "lightning bolts", properly called "Instant Commands" (IC) are executed in order.

They are not directly related to the footswitches.

Each snapshot can have different commands assigned to the ICs.

If SS1 executes command X on IC1, subsequent snapshots will not execute command X until a snapshot executes command Y.

Example - IC1 in SS1 and SS2 both send a TIP message. IC1 in SS3 sends a RING message. SS1 is the default (the SS saved with the preset).

When you load the preset, the TIP message is sent. If you switch to SS2, it is not sent again. If you switch to SS3 the RING message is sent.

If you then switch to SS1 or SS2, the TIP message is sent again.

I'm not at home with my HX Floor, I'm on the road with my HX Stomp, which does not have the switching feature. While the above rule applies to MIDI commands, I'm not 100% positive that it applies to the switching commands. You can test this with a TRS cable and a multimeter.

If you use Toggling CCs on the footswitches (you can't use them on ICs), each time the preset or a snapshot loads, it will send the Toggling CCs (true also for NOTES, I believe).

Regular (non-toggling) CCs are not sent when the preset/snapshot loads (unless assigned to ICs).

There's probably more, but that's the important stuff, and my breakfast is ready! :-)

EDIT: Plus what phil_m said.

• Upvote 2

I've manged to set 4 snapshots up with IC, Clean channel and dirty channel.

But when I go into Stomp mode, the IC I set up to toggle the amp clean and dirt up on a switch doesn't seem to work right.

Is this my amp, or can I not do both snapshot and stomp to.change channel with ICs? 

Again sorry if this as been answered above, but it's a little confusing for my small brain.

11 minutes ago, Gkf9 said:

I've manged to set 4 snapshots up with IC, Clean channel and dirty channel.

But when I go into Stomp mode, the IC I set up to toggle the amp clean and dirt up on a switch doesn't seem to work right.

Is this my amp, or can I not do both snapshot and stomp to.change channel with ICs? 

Again sorry if this as been answered above, but it's a little confusing for my small brain.

"It doesn't work right" doesn't mean anything to anybody but you.

What is it SUPPOSED to do?

What EXACTLY, does it do?

What is your hardware configuration? Amp, etc.?

For BEST results, attach the preset to your reply to the above questions so we can see what's happening in your configuration.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, bobcoss said:

Sorry if I've misled you.  I've always been able to update my HXE and Helix Floor with Line 6 Updater under windows.  Don't know if Mac or older versions of the operating systems have anything to do with it.

1 hour ago, rd2rk said:

"It doesn't work right" doesn't mean anything to anybody but you.

What is it SUPPOSED to do?

What EXACTLY, does it do?

What is your hardware configuration? Amp, etc.?

Edited by Gkf9
mistake

I am using a Blackstar HT20 MK II

It has 2 channels, clean and Overdrive and then 2 different voicings on each channel. I just really want 2 channels clean and dirty without the other voicings.

I have set 3 snapshots up, first 2 are clean and the 3rd switching my amp to the dirty channel.

IC 1 Snaphot one set to none, this is the clean channel

IC 1 Snapshot two set to none, clean again.

IC 1 Snapshot three set to Tip+Ring this changes the amp to dirt.

Now when I go into stomp mode, I wanted FS6 to be my dirt channel, I could toggle on/off

I have assigned an IC to Fs6, Tip+ring ( same as IC1 Snapshot three, thinking this would be the dirt channel ) but it turns one of the other amp voicing on.

and then sends my previous settings I did for the snapshots earlier, out again, IE the different voicing start coming on and off.

If I clear the foot switch command it starts to behave again.

Hope this makes sense?

I am really enjoying the unit so far, just this  small niggle letting me down, no doubt It is user fault or my amp?