Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix, check in detail after repair (2)

SenseiJuancho

Yesterday I was RECORDING GUITARS with the Helix connected via USB to my Imac and suddenly My guitar stopped playing in real time and began to be heard in a delayed way, as if there was a latency of two or more seconds between what I played and what was sounded through of the Helix. I would like to know if any colleague on this forum has had a similar situation. It is quite an inconvenient problem since I had to restart both the Pedalboard and the iMac on several occasions. And it does not give me any guarantee of safety, Go to a work session with a problem like  this, which forces me to restart or delay the job continuously.
My workflow is guitar to Helix (FIRM 3.01) to IMAC High Sierra (OSX 10.13.6) via USB.
Thank you all for your support and advice.

3 minutes ago, SenseiJuancho said:

I´m recording guitars in Logic X, (I EDITED MY POST)

And how are you monitoring the Helix? Straight from the Helix, or are you monitoring from the DAW? From what you describe, doesn't sound like an Helix problem. More like a DAW problem, not Helix hardware related.

29 minutes ago, SenseiJuancho said:

My workflow is guitar to Helix (FIRM 3.01) to IMAC High Sierra (OSX 10.13.6) via USB.

I use my Helix floor unit almost permanently connected to my Mac running Logic.

The Helix is used as the audio interface and has my Tannoy monitors connected to the XLR output on the Helix. Zero latency. It just works. Make sure that Helix is selected as the in/out audio device in Logic.

Hope this helps/makes sense.

• Like 1

If you're monitoring through software monitoring in Logic, and you have certain plugins added to the track or the master track, you could be getting a lot of latency through the plugins. Try using Logic's low latency mode and see if that helps.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, PierM said:

And how are you monitoring the Helix? Straight from the Helix, or are you monitoring from the DAW? From what you describe, doesn't sound like an Helix problem. More like a DAW problem, not Helix hardware related.

I use the Helix as a audio interface but i hear the sound using the Imac output to the speakers

I experienced a similar problem in the past. My solution was to create an aggregate device. Specifically, I combined the HX Stomp and my Scarlett 2i2 and use that. I have my headphones plugged into the Scarlett. I think the problem occurs when Logic has to send audio to a different device than what it gets the input from.

So perhaps try creating an aggregate audio device containing the HX Stomp and your Built-In Output. Use the Audio MIDI Setup app for this.

51 minutes ago, hungri-yeti said:

. ... I think the problem occurs when Logic has to send audio to a different device than what it gets the input from...

Yes, that’s a problem in Windows because it violates the ASIO protocol which requires that the same audio device is used for both input and output. I don’t know whether there is a similar issue on Mac OS.