Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Pod Go used for bass

JaxJTE

I am (mainly) a bassist too and I love my pod go.

So far my favorite amp has been svt 4 pro also like that gk rb800 model too, but of course I would love to see more bass amps and more cabs would be nice too!I would love to have some Hartke Hydrive HD cabs and some hartke and ashdown bass heads too.

On the effects side my most used must be obsidian 7000 and some comp which name I dont remember atm (la studio comp?)

I also play little bit guitar and ao far my favorites are 5150 with mesa cab (or with bogren digital IR) Line 6 BadonK, friedman be100 or placater as its called aand litigator 

• Like 1

On 4/19/2021 at 10:56 AM, JaxJTE said:

it would be fun with more warwick stuff. i have the same opinion the SVT-4 is amazingly fun to play with!

oh yeah more warwick stuff would also be cool!

On 4/26/2021 at 10:35 PM, luca5x said:

Choptones Bass IR's are other level. Don't snooze on them....

oh, I have not tried those, are they expensive?

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Is anybody else have gain trouble with POD Go and an active bass?  I can get very few of the amp models to sound remotely clean.  Everything sounds like a distorted guitar amp.  I assume I'm doing something wrong, but can't find the right setting/button.  Help!!!!

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
On 4/28/2021 at 9:25 AM, almostAAVee said:

oh, I have not tried those, are they expensive?

I searched the choptones site for "pod go bass."  The search yielded four results, none of which seem very compelling.

@luca5x, to which choptones product do you refer? Perhaps I missed it; their web site is not well organized, and it's difficult to find products that may fit the "pod go for bass" application.

For me all the bass amp models need adjustments to achieve the tonal goals that I prefer. I have been using many of the guitar amp models (adjusting the amp's parameters to my liking)  and then using bass cabinets to get really good bass sounds.  Altering the bass cabinet models to my liking has helped immensely in achieving the sounds I prefer.