Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Modded m-audio expression no longer working HX stomp

spjunkie

I have an HX stomp with 3.1 firmware on it now, and my m-audio expression pedal no longer works with it. As I rock the pedal I get either an "expression 1 active" or "expression 2 active" message. I am trying to assign it for position on a wah block. I had no problems with the previous firmware, is this a bug in 3.1?

6 hours ago, rd2rk said:

After you updated, did you restore your Global Settings from the backup you made before the update?

6 hours ago, spjunkie said:

yes, as all my presets transferred over so I assume yes.

That is not a good assumption for the question "rd2rk" asked.

Did you actually do a full restore after the update? Or did you just see all your presets there and figure things were good to go? 

Presets are retained and "rebuilt" during an update. Global settings are not. You must restore your global settings, or reset them manually after an update. 

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, HonestOpinion said:

You can use HX Edit. Use 'File' --> 'Restore From Backup' on the menu and select your old backup. Then uncheck everything(unless you want something else restored) with the exception of the global settings. 

will this overwrite my presets?

11 minutes ago, spjunkie said:

will this overwrite my presets?

No, not unless you leave the checkboxes for your setlists checked.  That is why you want to be careful to uncheck everything but the global settings before you trigger the restore(last step in the restore process). Always a good idea to take a precautionary backup first just in case though. Don't use the new backup for the restore though as it will have your current global settings instead of your old ones.

On a lighter note, am I the only one who has to play Joe Raposo's Three's Company theme whenever you use the "colorful" wah? I've always wondered what wah he used.. It sounds the same on all the work he did for CTW and Sesame

3 hours ago, spjunkie said:

On a lighter note, am I the only one who has to play Joe Raposo's Three's Company theme whenever you use the "colorful" wah? I've always wondered what wah he used.. It sounds the same on all the work he did for CTW and Sesame

In keeping with the Three's Company theme I will now refer to the "colorful" block as the "ménage à wah".

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, spjunkie said:

Tommy Tedesco was the guitar player that actually played the intro. Tommy kept immaculate notes and details about every session, I'm sure the info is out there somewhere.

• Upvote 1