Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

POD HD500 + Mooer Radar or Nux Solid Studio

edwiny13

Hi everyone.

A few months ago I bought a POD HD500. So far I am satisfied with the entire effects section, however I feel that the cab simulations is the weak point of this kind of digital stuffs. So I'm thinking of reinforcing it with some affordable IR on the market.

I am evaluating the Mooer Radar, since I have seen that people usually combine it with the POD, or a Nux Solid Studio (this last one, I havent seen yet in combination with the POD). So what do u think ... Mooer Radar or Nux Solid Studio?

Call me an elistist. Call me a purist. Hell, call me an old fuddy duddy. But what ever the case might be.... 

If you bought an amp modeler, and don't like the models in it ------- you simply bought the wrong unit. 

16 hours ago, pianoguyy said:

Call me an elistist. Call me a purist. Hell, call me an old fuddy duddy. But what ever the case might be.... 

If you bought an amp modeler, and don't like the models in it ------- you simply bought the wrong unit. 

Yeah, i'm just thinking on making some little upgrades to the POD not a big deal...

8 hours ago, JohannDaart said:

If you can get used IR loader for cheap, why not? 

But if you want to spend another $100 for a new one, then I think it's better to sell HD and get something new with IR already built in. 

Its an option... right away i'm saving some money to buid my own pedalboard but in the meantime i'd like to get most out of the POD. That's why i looked up to the Radar or the Nux.

Before buying an IR loader box it would be advisable to try one in plugin format to get an idea of what the results would be in using external IRs in place of the POD cab models (which for the record are also based on IRs)..

Here follows an old post by Logidy, the maker of an IR loader device:

hjkplco.jpg

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

All about POD HD500/X

help and useful tips

16 hours ago, hurghanico said:

Before buying an IR loader box it would be advisable to try one in plugin format to get an idea of what the results would be in using external IRs in place of the POD cab models (which for the record are also based on IRs)..

Here follows an old post by Logidy, the maker of an IR loader device:

hjkplco.jpg

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

All about POD HD500/X

help and useful tips

Ohh! very useful info.

I have a laptop and i'd like to prove some of these IR. What is the connection i need to follow to achieve this?

1 hour ago, edwiny13 said:

Ohh! very useful info.

I have a laptop and i'd like to prove some of these IR. What is the connection i need to follow to achieve this?

Use a DAW software (eg Reaper, Cubase, etc.) and set the POD as its audio interface, find online and install an IR loader plugin you like, select a track in the DAW and arm it for recording and apply the IR loader plugin as an effect, enable track monitoring in the DAW, and via the POD audio driver control panel disable direct hardware monitoring, disable the amp model cab in the POD patch and load your IRs through the IR loader, to reduce latency as much as possible of your live playing reduce the driver buffer (again via the control panel of the driver) to the value just before the one where audio problems such as interruptions, crackles etc. start to happen.

Discover the external IRs world... (obviously you need to already have some IRs at your disposal to try)

All about POD HD500/X

help and useful tips