Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

pod go randomly reboots

racerx632

Not heard this before.

Suggest that the first thing to do is create a full back up, then reset your Pod Go back to factory by switching off, and then restarting whilst holding down buttons C & D. then reimport your saved patches. Most often these things are a minor software-filepath corruption, which the reset will fix 95% of the time.

If you still have problems after doing this, I recommend you raise a ticket with Line 6 support and attach a copy backup for them to look at.  But I'm reasonably confident the reset will fix it.  

I have not seen a single spontaneous reset on the GO...You can try reflashing, but that is doubtful IMO. That sounds a more like a power supply problem IMO. you could have janky PSU or maybe it just wan't fully plugged in...might be worth giving the wire a jiggle to see if it's a contact issue...The PSU for my HD Desktop failed in a similar way when it was nearly exactly 10 years old. I replaced the PSU and works like it always did. Those have a little green LED on the PSU, so it was pretty clear that it was going bad and it was pretty old.

16 hours ago, spaceatl said:

I have not seen a single spontaneous reset on the GO...You can try reflashing, but that is doubtful IMO. That sounds a more like a power supply problem IMO. you could have janky PSU or maybe it just wan't fully plugged in...might be worth giving the wire a jiggle to see if it's a contact issue...The PSU for my HD Desktop failed in a similar way when it was nearly exactly 10 years old. I replaced the PSU and works like it always did. Those have a little green LED on the PSU, so it was pretty clear that it was going bad and it was pretty old.

That thought had occurred to me too. It's possible, but if there was a loose connection I'd have expected all power to go and the screen to go blank, rather than reboot.  I still think it could be a possible software glitch but I agree it's certainly worth checking the PSU for a loose connection.  

1.21 firmware. 1.21 pod go edit.  It will do it every time i use it.  will reboot and typically reboot again a couple times after.  I'll end up powering it off and on again hoping that helps and typically it will be ok until the next time i use it.

6 hours ago, racerx632 said:

1.21 firmware. 1.21 pod go edit.  It will do it every time i use it.  will reboot and typically reboot again a couple times after.  I'll end up powering it off and on again hoping that helps and typically it will be ok until the next time i use it.

Definitely one for Line 6 Support to sort out for you. When you raise a ticket, send them a copy of your back up to see if they can reproduce the issue (in case it's a software glitch that they might be able to resolve) - if not, it's more likely then the Pod Go unit itself - & if so they will arrange for a replacement for you.

• Upvote 1