Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix Midi Date Recoding How To

Hi, I have searched this topic and have found little information.

I would like to know if the Helix Midi data can be sent to Cubase and be recorded? This would be for latency issue/editing. Keyboard friends seem to be doing this.  

The chain of  data would be Helix to Scarlett Interface to Cubase 10.5.

Could someone please let me know if this is possible and point me to any links. 

Thank you 

1 hour ago, Bboy19 said:

The chain of  data would be Helix to Scarlett Interface to Cubase 10.5.

I presume your Helix audio outputs are connected to the Scarlett audio inputs? If that’s the only connection from Helix then, no. The digital midi data from Helix is not carried over the analog outputs.

It might be possible to do that if you use Helix as the audio interface to Cubase but I’m not sure. Can you give us more info about what exactly you are trying to achieve by using Helix midi data? Perhaps there’s a better way to do it using only Cubase features. For instance, latency issues are generally addressed by adjusting buffer sizes - not by midi.

Hi Silverhead, Thanks for the information.

Yes, audio outputs of Helix are connected to Scarlett.

Midi in/outputs of Helix would be connected to Scarlett Midi in/outputs.

The thought came up from a Cubase  lecture I attend. They showed keyboard audio and Midi data being recorded/captured.  Stating that you can edit the Midi data easier than audio. Like a wrong note, timing etc. This is where the idea originated.  Keyboard friends seem to be doing this also.

So my questions is does Helix produce and transmit this data?

How do I capture in my DAW using Cubase? This maybe a question for another forum.

Thank you

Helix does not produce midi data like the note on/off, duration, tempo/timing, and velocity data. That is the domain of midi keyboard and midi guitar controllers. Helix does not do that. It produces straight up audio and also handles midi program change and continuous controller data. This has nothing to do with editing wrong notes and timing data that a keyboard controller generates.