Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Unintelligible Problem

Alessio1979

Guys I need your help ..... some time ago I bought some “packs” for line6 Stomp hx exclusively for bass.  Unfortunately I have been having problems for a few weeks!  When I use a factory preset the volume is normal, while if I use one of the purchased presets the volume is very low, almost imperceptible.  I upgraded the latest FireWire but the problem persists.  I also tried to do a total reset but the problem persists!  Maybe some incompatibility?  The strange thing is everything worked correctly until a few days ago .... Can you help me?

2 hours ago, Alessio1979 said:

Guys I need your help ..... some time ago I bought some “packs” for line6 Stomp hx exclusively for bass.  Unfortunately I have been having problems for a few weeks!  When I use a factory preset the volume is normal, while if I use one of the purchased presets the volume is very low, almost imperceptible.  I upgraded the latest FireWire but the problem persists.  I also tried to do a total reset but the problem persists!  Maybe some incompatibility?  The strange thing is everything worked correctly until a few days ago .... Can you help me?

By "FireWire" I assume you meant you upgraded to the latest "firmware". This will reset the global settings to their defaults. My guess would be something in your global settings has changed, perhaps output levels. With that said importing someone else's presets also usually involves some tweaking to get levels, EQ,  and other details of the preset's settings working ideally with your rig, even if you haven't changed any of your global settings.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Alessio1979 said:

The odds are basically zero that any patch created by somebody else will just happen to have the same output level as a factory preset, or ones you've dialed in yourself. Hell, you could build two patches of your own, one right after the other, tweaking until they're both "just right", and it's a virtual certainty that one will be louder than the other when you're done...

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, Alessio1979 said:

The strange thing is everything worked correctly until a few days ago .... Can you help me?

Hi,

It is not very clear if you are saying that the bass presets that you bought did work fine and now they don’t?

If they never sounded good, then you have discovered that no matter how great the promo video for the preset made them sound, they will never sound like that when you load them into your Helix, LT. Rack or Stomp. 

This has been discussed at great length many, many times on here. Always the same conclusion, they will not be the same. Your environment, speakers, guitar, strings, technique will be fundamentally different from the way the tones were created and demonstrated. A YouTube video is not a great way to assess audio and if you use that as the reference point, it will be doomed to failure. Video compression is/can be a real PITA.

If everything in your Stomp, including the factory presets, sounds wrong and a factory reset doesn’t solve it, then it may need a technician to check out the hardware.

Hope this helps/makes sense.

• Upvote 1

Guys thanks for answering me .... Excuse my English ...
Now I will try to explain better! For example, all factory patches that do not involve any kind of distortion / overdrive sound correctly. While, factory patches that involve the use of distortion / overdrive sound very low. A week ago everything was perfect!
I do not understand why !
When I say low volume .... I mean that at maximum volume it is barely noticeable.
I tried reset, various updates but the problem persists !!!